Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ask him about the wasps nest below Vertical Therapy!

having not read this and not really knowing the butte all that well, stewart and i rappelled in right over the top of this climb directly on top of the nest. when stewart through his pack down......it got interesting. we had to use 10ft sticks to retrieve our packs.

[ There is a wasps nest at the base of Vertical Threapy. Right behind the big rock where you want to plop your ass and backback.

Yes I plopped my pack right down on the nest and luckly escaped without a sting. Then I would say about 50-75 bee's began swarmin our packs. After spending quite a bit of time recovering our packs and rope we headed over to espresso and climbed out at sunset. Your Pimp, Stewart

Someone name the time and place, I don't like being the ringleader.

Without Nolse around we are like bees without a Queen. I'll try though.

If we have some beginers, we might go over "Here", if it's just you, me and the hound then we will go "There". Since this is all dependant on who shows up, both how many and also their skill level, we might just show up and see who gets there. I'd rather preplan and head to a spot which will minimise time lost. Otherwise, if it's just us, and since my wrist is coming back, we should do Phylx and the offwidth right there (1st choice for #1 pump) or Crack Warrior. Can your girlfriend get up 11? Base of Birds/White Rabbit is good for larger groups who do 10s, Silver Bullet has a couple of easier routes if that's needed too.

Course, Vertical Therapy still has some wasps if anyone gets there first with a can of raid.

How about White Rabbit area?

I'm headed to the sawtooths tonight or I would come out... sorry guys.

Public Sprayer Announcement: At 43 pages the PDX thread is plenty bloated... please keep the spray to a minimum so people don't have to wade throught the shit to see where we are climbing. Thanks! wave.gif