Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll just say blownout is significantly harder than windsurfer and I'm sticking to it.

To me it felt like a lot routes at devils tower. No move was harder than 10a but the whole route was a sustained. Therefore when you reach the upper crux it feels harder than it is, and lie back always do anyways. fruit.gif

Hound: I'd be game but don't think I'm more than 50% right now so why stick my wrist in a jam and wang-it-off to total failure.

I need someone who wants to hang with a hurt old man for 3 hours or so for some easy pleasing cruising and just getting out. I rather do it Sat. to see how it feels. I would do that Sunday for 1/2 the day. I'm taking my wife and mom to a fancy restraunt at 5pm Sunday though so I need to be back in town by 4pm or earlier.

I might just go do some easy bouldering on Sat. too to see.

Mountains? Bet if you grabbed your tools with a partner and headed to do the Elliot/Petes combo you'd feel worked by the end of the day. grin.gif

BTW, for the boards FYI, my version of moderate = 5.7-5.8, Hounds moderates low 10's I'd bet.

Hound, Beacon moderates; you might look at little wing, Jills, the crack to the left of LW, and right gull for some easier moderates at Beacon.

thanks for the flatery Bill. However my idea of moderates for sunday would have been like 5.8-5.9, but that doesn't mean I don't love crusing up easier stuff. A couple of my top favs are a 5.7 and a 5.8 at city of rocks, wheat thin and rye crisp.

bryan

Edited by powderhound

Hey Bill, sorry to hear about your injury *yikes* glad you are feeling better enough to go out again! does this mean you'll only be running 3 laps at a time now instead of 6+?

i'll be at Beacon on Sunday doing some easy/moderate climbing... Should be a beautiful day, my wednesday Beacon outing/day off got rained out frown.gif so i went mountain biking in Post Canyon instead.

Thanks Mav, yup, 3 laps max yelrotflmao.gif! So, can I squeeze in with someone Sat? Maybe we can get there early and have it to ourselves?

I have a call in to Jimmy O as well (left message which means he's at Beacon now) - as I have his reworked shoes that just came in today, and could do it with him if he was accomodating: if you guys don't want it to be too big of a cluster...

Joe, you should hook up with the hound and burn some laps Sunday. See who crys Uncle first kind of thing. Do R gull, Jills, etc.