Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

I would've come out and joined y'all, but I went out yesterday to do some leading with Seth, and I'm still sore. =/

You bastard! You snuck out and did some real climbing that didn't involve dirt and beer bottles without us! blush.gifconfused.gif

Well, I wouldn't go _that_ far. We were still at the butte, and just clipping bolts, so.... wink.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would've come out and joined y'all, but I went out yesterday to do some leading with Seth, and I'm still sore. =/

You bastard! You snuck out and did some real climbing that didn't involve dirt and beer bottles without us! blush.gifconfused.gif

Well, I wouldn't go _that_ far. We were still at the butte, and just clipping bolts, so.... wink.gif

Thank you for assuaging my feelings! But wait! Theres still bolts out there?!

news flash!

You led Emotional Rescue, didn't you, you dog! Congrats! I'm sure you wouldn't be bragging about being sore on Nolses (John F's) new route, named interestingly and appropriatly enough "Glenns Route" a short 5.7 clip up with 3 bolts? bigdrink.gif

(Now I'm embarrased as I was out for some real climbing after work on Tue. ) blush.gif

Thank you for assuaging my feelings! But wait! Theres still bolts out there?!

news flash!

Hey, you've been to video bluff. =D

You led Emotional Rescue, didn't you, you dog! Congrats! I'm sure you wouldn't be bragging about being sore on Nolses (John F's) new route, named interestingly and appropriatly enough "Glenns Route" a short 5.7 clip up with 3 bolts? bigdrink.gif

Actually, I should've led ER since we were in the area for a while, but I didn't even think of it. =P Did Orient Express, Zeeva (?), and Stranger Than Friction. The first move on STF seems harder than 10b, though. =P

(Now I'm embarrased as I was out for some real climbing after work on Tue. ) blush.gif

That's right, rub it in. wink.gif

I'm sure you wouldn't be bragging about being sore on Nolses (John F's) new route, named interestingly and appropriatly enough "Glenns Route" a short 5.7 clip up with 3 bolts?

That isn't my route d00d and you know it! It's Glenn's Route and if he isn't claiming it then it should be yours.

I just own a drill. That's it. That's all. thumbs_up.gif

I just own a drill. Cleaned it, drilled it, led it and tried to lend moral support to you weak-assed pussies so you could follow it. That's all. thumbs_up.gif

576552-c3_1.jpg

Nice job!yelrotflmao.gif Wheres the TR? thumbs_up.gif

And that is so much more than a drill too: 36V of raging power!

(BTW, Sgt Schultz, Paul Harvey re your questions)

E-mailed an update to the school so that they would be in the loop. Have not heard back as of 6/23/06

Edited by billcoe

Bill Coe: The Passionate Yeoman of the Butte. Thanks for fighting for our little piece of crag!

Not me dude, I've aspired to be a yeoman though. Now I'm too old to join the union. But you're welcome anyway.

I must like throwing rocks, which explains both my cleaning penchant recently at the Butte and maybe why I was out at Beacon last Saturday. Chunked some nice ones off ala Bigfoot style, as did everybody. Ground crew said some were clearing the railroad tracks.

Big guy like you can lay the smack down if you see these jackals next time! (Better yet, if anybody sees these jackasses, just call 503-823-3333) But maybe this big loud 3 ring circus that they've been conducting appearantly daily is hopefully over. It sucks to clean up some glass one day and show up a few days later and see 3 times as much in the same spot.

Hey Seth, thought you were heading to do some real climbing at Beacon yesterday? You get high centered in the bar? grin.gif Should have figured out a way to hitch a ride Tue. with us. Ivan and Jim were out there or you could have tagged along and climbed with us, but I needed to do some leading, so maybe just following eh?

Next time maybe.

Bill: I've entered the hotline into my phone...you know so when I'm doggin a route and I see bottles flyin I can just tap my ear piece and shaazzam, instant police action without confrontation.

I hope the bottle breaking does die off so the area can be cleaned up and stay clean, these are wishful thoughts, people will always party there...we just need them to party without the needles, condoms, car parts, trash, bottles and cans (wait...can you actually party without those things?.. i tried once without the car parts and there was something missing).

Yes, I did bail out on plans for Beacon to go climbing at the Butte, but I did have a fabulous time and now that i've climbed my second crack climb in my entire life, I feel sufficently prepared for anything beacon can throw at me...except anything above 5.8...oh, is there anything...?ha!

I am trying to get out there in the near future, if you have a lead, let me know. As for my ass hitch-hiking; as a transplant eastcoaster I still fear three things: open spaces without trash and noise, people who say hi to me and don't know me, being picked up off of the side of the road with 20lbs of climbing gear in my pack and not a clue as to where I'm going. I did read On The Road in highschool, but I was high, so I can't remember a damn thing...and I am not sure it would help anyways, in our post 9-11 world. Maybe some day though...maybe...

Peace.

Oh yeah; who wants to climb tomorrow? The BUTTe or elsewhere.

I'm happy to hear you are healing up Paul. I saw Dave out having a beer shortly after and he told me about your leg. I think I recall some heavy snow that day. It was at the Bowl, so it might count as a gambling debt.

Anyway, I was thinking some Saturday morning climbing at Broughton or Beacon was in order. If anyone is up for it, you can save Mrs. Thudman from climbing tomorrow. I guess she's saving her tolerance for rock until a Squamish trip in another week... something about a limited amount of time one can actually enjoy being scared.

--Jason

Edited by Thudman

I am likely headed to Beacon this afternoon if...

Is anyone interested in taking a newbie up the corner? They have done a ton of bouldering but have yet to put a harness on... Looking for someone who wouldn't mind either sewing it up on lead or following third and cleaning everything as well as being on your best behavior tongue.gif

Call me if interested: 503.758.5772

I'll be out at Beacon this afternoon and Saturday...

Hey, me too. I need to haul some stuff to the dump in the am, I was gonna look at picking up Jimmy O on the way when I finished. You want to pick up Jimmy O and meet me there?

I'm open for about anything.

Saturday, I have chores (&^#*@@@@@@XX?!!!!!!!!! with all the F*en chores! I'm getting old and want to get free time &@$XX%* but will go for sure in the am when I get free.

First wife has given verbal OK and encouragement.

Second wife, such a beautiful crag (1st wifes words), awaits.

I'm hoping there by 11am. Cell phones in AM.

Thinking of you all now. Having to climb tonight without me....sigh.... smile.gif