Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

Aradia: Are you able to head up earlier in the afternoon, like 2ish. Drop a line or call. Glad you are feeling better.

Probably not. I guess I'll stop there since you just gave me a call. =)

I'll probably show up around 4ish, for those who didn't just get off the phone with me... wink.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we had an "extended lunch meeting" at the smokefree Godfather's pizza in hillsboro yesterday that coincidentally overlapped with the brazil game being shown on their bigscreen.

Kell's is going to be showing every match and may be smoke-free.

as for other smoke-free pubs, i'd try the new lucky lab in multnomah village. I think maybe Henry's & the Bitter End downtown are smoke-free.

Another option: The semifinals and finals will be shown on a giant LED screen at Pioneer Square on July 4, 5 and 9.

really though, if you know of a smoke-free pub with a TV, just go there, and they should really be showing the games.

(edit to correct my pioneer square data)

Edited by hemp22

bill - watcha calling yer new area - i was thinking "community death sentence service project" - felt like i was doing penal work transfering the dirt en route onto me - i like the stacked blocks at the top, especially the contemplation that pulling one block outta the bottom oughta cause a whole shitload more to come tumbling down - at least the belayer has a cave to leap into for safety as the rope gets chopped (well, relative safety - i suppose the inevitable hepatitis-c incurred from impaling oneself on the many needles in the bum cave ain't as bad as what the climber will get hellno3d.gif )

ha, ha - mostly flipping you shit - it is a suprisingly moderate area for climibng given the butt's generally stout routes - i just don't want to be there when the dirt mortar holding a bunch of crap in goes! congrats on all the hard work that must have gone into cleaning that face off!

bill - watcha calling yer new area

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif OMG you are soooo damn funny dude!

Jim Robinson started calling it Bill's Buttress which I like and started using to refer to it, but it's not to late to switch and use your name!

yelrotflmao.gif

Choice!

Yer probably still picking the dirt out of your teeth and yer ears? Needs a bit more cleaning.... with a steam shovel, presure washer and dynamite maybe.

BTW, started cleaning right and worked my way left. There is an undone route on the left which has the top 25' cleaned, and it has a 15' finger crack to top out, looks like it might be a 5.6 face under the dirt off the deck to get to the crack. Might be the best route out there under all that dirt.

Clean that line, finish the lower areas that have been climbed but are atill dirty, brush off the entire routes top to bottom again, add some bolts and voila! Done.

LOL. o I mean handsome men...

Is anyone climbing this sat. late afternoon or Sunday? I have to work sat. till 2ish and I'm housesitting for a friend this weekend and will have limited computer use and phone access. Let me know! You can always leave a message 503.238.3962. grin.gif

Cute boys

Cute girls

sounds like a party. maybe I should drag my lame ass over

But you'd ruin the "cute" theme ML hahaha.gifyellaf.gifwink.gif

I am available for climbing tomorrow just about any time though it looks like rain frown.gif Give me a shout if you want to take your chances...

well yell out the window and taunt me as your driving by my school on I-84 just past exit 10 on the way to Hood River, Smith, destinations unkown...

It's be funny as hell walking to class with some classmates to hear a "YOU SUCK LAYTON" screamed out of a car window going 70mph.

Gosh, how much does someone have to post on here to become a couchmaster??

Ok, the truth is, i'm making my summer move over from telemarktips.com forum, but i need in on some of this climbing action too......need the scoop. Directed here by knottygirl.

i'm making my summer move over from telemarktips.com forum, but i need in on some of this climbing action too

Welcome to cc.com Mav wave.gif

For the rest of you regulars please keep this thread free of tt.com spray... it already is long enough and we don't need 4 pages of tt.com jokes... thanks!

Hey lady lets climb tomarrow!

smile.gif

OK girl.......we'll be at Broughton's Bluff in the morning after walking the dogs to the river to swim. come out after your housemate meeting, we;ll be looking for you....

for anyone else, i'll be the one with dark braids, come and say hello, we'll be doing some simple trad on the right hand wall and maybe some toproping on the sickle and hammer...... wazzup.gif