Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oleg's me boy and apparently he can't get no all-weekedn alpine partner-love, so he said he's down for a broughton's thing (sorry rocky-butt-fuckers, it's worth driving 10 extra minutes for me to go elsewhere) - if anyone wants to party-down w/ us look for us around 8 or so sunday morning. we'll be busy honing our alpine thrutching skills by climbing on crap way above our heads (shouldn't be hard to find smile.gif )

Gah. Been gone way too long. It's been at least a month since I tweaked my shoulder. =/ Finally feeling better now, though. Woohoo! Unfortunately, I have plans sunday, so I probably won't be able to join y'all.

I wondered where you went Sean. How the hell does somebody who only weighs 113 # tweak a shoulder? Wide bodied old fellas like me do that kind of thing.

Remember that big wide hunk of rock we were digging behind to make it clean?

Gone.

i plan on being at the bills buttress area at @ 11. Need a belay I don't feel like soloing it. I shit my pants when the boulder I knocked off which hit the huck of rock noted above rumbled down the hill and my underware is still not clean.

If you see a red rope over the edge at the Buttress area, rap down and say hi. Don't be worthless, bring a belay device. grin.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Sorry to have missed you Seth.

Turns out that Kirby, Eric(Scheshimi) and Bri (knottygirl) all made it and although a bit dirty a respectable pump and a good time must have been had by all since no one complained.

Thanks again so much for the belays!

smile.gif Feeling a little depressed thinking of Dwight Bishop and every little bit helps. Wife got another dog today and the damn thing is the funniest little gal. It's this small, furry, puppy looking Jack Russell Terrier, just looking at it makes me laugh.

'Nother point: Bryan (Powderhound) = thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif and please don't penalise him 'cause he spells his name incorrectly, he's a good guy. Thanks for the sends and belays and bigdrink.gif Bryan! Good stuff every which direction. thumbs_up.gif

New thing worth mentioning. Picking up @ the top. Looks like (hopefully) that the beer bottle tossing contest may have been replaced with a vodka drinking one. Found an empty bottle bag and 14 plastic cups, many had vodka residue at the top of the buttress today. Did not see the empty bottle...We might have heard a couple of bottles chucked off just further down @ Phylyx area just as we started climbing though. Not sure, but it sounded like it. I was not able to run to the top this time.

John, forgot my camera to take that pic of the car you wanted, sorry. It's not a whole car anyway, just part of the skeleton. Someone pushed it onto the ledge at the top of silver bullet.