Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

Anyone drytooling on Wednesday? or are we looking at hood this week?

Alan

If temps hold I was thinking about a run up the north face on Wed night... if the temps crap out I can dry tool. Not sure if people have the time and/or experience for the north face so I hesitate to invite just anyone for this Wednesday night. If you are interested shoot me a pm or email. wave.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say for once we should get together and drink some beers!

How about a PDX PUB CLUB Wed Nov 9th at 5ish (or so) before we hike over to the Timmy O'Neill slide show? Who's in?

I vote for bigdrink.gifs at the Rogue Ale house unless someone can think of somewhere closer to Patagonia... suggestions?

And if your name is Bill first bigdrink.gif is on me! wave.gif

wazzup.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifhahaha.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

I say for once we should get together and drink some beers!

How about a PDX PUB CLUB Wed Nov 9th at 5ish (or so) before we hike over to the Timmy O'Neill slide show? Who's in?

I vote for bigdrink.gifs at the Rogue Ale house unless someone can think of somewhere closer to Patagonia... suggestions?

And if your name is Bill first bigdrink.gif is on me! wave.gif

wazzup.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gifhahaha.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

Like most of your ideas this one sounds awesome. Rogue sounds good too.

And if your name is Bill first bigdrink.gif is on me!

At first I thought this might another awesome idea - and it might be directed towards me. wave.gif However once I stopped drooling thinking of the free beer and all, I re-read the name.

Who's Bill First? confused.giflaugh.gif

Did you guys get extra rain last night to help contribute to the simulation of full-on Scottish conditions? wazzup.gif

How about this:

And if your name is Bill, first bigdrink.gif is on me! Better?

Hell yeah we got rained on... you know you have issues when your idea of a great time is climbing shitty rock at night in the rain with ice tools pitty.gif

Regardless had 5 people last night! Good times! I will soon begin work on my design for an antibott plate that prevents mud from bailing up on my crampons yellaf.gif

How about this:

And if your name is Bill, first bigdrink.gif is on me! Better?

-

Much better! So it is true ! Whooo hoooo! I was holding my breath ! You rockband.gif .....Hmmm, wait a sec. - maybe you about to ask for a favor or sumpin?

...... I will soon begin work on my design for an antibott plate that prevents mud from bailing up on my crampons yellaf.gif

-

Schweet, but how can you hook a salt shaker to the heel spur to get and keep the slugs off? hellno3d.gif

maybe you about to ask for a favor or sumpin?

No... I owe you a beer for the last favor! wave.gif

...... I will soon begin work on my design for an antibott plate that prevents mud from bailing up on my crampons yellaf.gif

Schweet, but how can you hook a salt shaker to the heel spur to get and keep the slugs off? hellno3d.gif

No prob... I'll post pics next week laugh.gif

Anybody climbing tonight?

I'm down for Nov. 9th pub club.

Edit: I just read vw4ever's Bridgeport recommendation, but AFAIK they're shut down for a while doing a big remodel.

I'm out for tonight cry.gif

Bridgeport is still closed for remodel so no dice there. Can anyone think of any other bars in the pearl that will actually let us in? yellaf.gifrockband.gif

i agree that we should avoid the rogue but it may be the most reasonable option. other options are:

Yurs - dive on the other side of 405. pub grub, bar games, and cabbies to bullshit with rockband.gif.

Touche - 14th/Glisan. if it wasn't for the pinball and TG bigdrink.gif on tap i wouldn't consider.

Jimmy Maks - jazz club with good (and cheap) greek food. may have music and a $5 cover that night..

the pearl is a vacuum for decent drinking establishments - i wouldn't mind a walk or streetcar ride from NW or downtown. anyone else have ideas?

Another one comes to mind now as well. Another one that I've never been to, but a short walk. Wilf's located in the train station. I think the restraunt is pretty la-ti-da fruit.gif, but the bar sounds reasonable. Jimmy Maks is a good call, although I have been burned by the cover for music before. They have a down stairs area that they wounldn't charge cover for, but it nasty.

I've never been to the low brow. the link you posted which explains the place says this however: "where it sits in the Pearl District, that's as low as you go."

So thats good enough for me. cantfocus.gifcool.gif Like to do the Low Brow, and isn't it closer than Rogue too?

BTW, anyone interested in eating out: the steaks at On-Deck (kioti mentions it above) range from good to most exellent and is one of the best places in the city to get a steak IMO. Better than Ruth's Chris, Ringside and City Grill (the old Atwaters on top of the US Bank Bldg.) and as good but signifigantly cheaper than El Goucho.

Directly across the street to the west from On Deck (and cheaper too) is one of the best value restaurants in town (If you are into high end continental/French food) called Daily Cafe. Avoid the Sunday Brunch: overpriced at $12.95. They rotate a small selection of entrees based on whats fresh, the quality ranges from "OMFG you have to try this to Wow, that's pretty good".