Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah: We're talking Ecco dress shoes. They were looking fairly good till I jumped on the route. Starting a new trend with the dress shoes and folloing up on M. Layton climbing in Tevas.

Probably just another fad that won't take off, nobody would want to pay $150 for a pair of floppy dress shoes for climbing.

Thats the 2nd time I've forgot my climbing shoes. I formerly had the habit of leaving a pair in my car, and then the shoe resoler guy told me I'd trashed a pair (rubber got hard from the heat) mearly from leaving them in the car. So now I try and be responsible and take care of them an look what happens. DOH DOH.

madgo_ron.gif

So finally PDX climb night takes off and I'm out of the state for 3 weeks madgo_ron.gifcry.gif

Regardless: great job guys! The more the merrier! A few weeks with Bill and your perception of Rocky will greatly change!

I hope this many people come to dry tool night once the weather changes for winter! wazzup.gif

i'd be game but i'm getting sick i think and feeling downright shitty...until daylight savings ruins shit, i prefer climbing at beacon on weekday afternoons b/c i get out of school at 3 and it's just 20 minutes away (and far superior to the butte to boot)...i'm always looking for company!

So it looks like the weather is going to be shit this weekend.

Anybody interested in crusing up to the Elliot and TRing some ice on Sat (and/or Sunday) in the rain?

I am away from my phone on and off today and Friday but if you leave me a message (541-231-2062) I can return your call before Friday evening and give you a meeting time/place for Sat (or Sunday). Holla! wazzup.gif

The activity on this thread recently appears to be less than inspirational. Anyone climbing at the Butt tomorrow (Thursday)? I need to up the time on the rock and will be ready to climb by 4:30 tomorrow.

Hi Doug, I think that it's less than inspirational cause our spiritual leader and coach, the Bagwan Shree Nolse, is off doing some real climbing. I'd like to hook up but will be there @ 5:45-6pm if that works for you. Otherwise I'll just boulder. Let me know what you want to jump on.

For anyone who cares, sounds like Ireneo and Mark will be no shows in addition to Ivan. I'm feeling all tired and achy too, but I think it's just age.

Nolse - Can't rain this weekend - I'm climbing at Beacon:-)