John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My status tonight:

Painful lat which hurts when I move my arm. Fingers won't close from 11 pitches of finger cracks or so....I was out with the younger stronger pups who were trying for mileage and insistant that we just do "One more route" "come on, one more", "OK, Just one more an this is really the last, we mean it"....I overdid it this weekend, I'd like to blame the heat and dehydration, but suspect that age finally caught up with me.

Point is, I need a rest day. Or 2. Or 3. Works out pretty good cause I had been invited to someones house for dinner tonight anyway.

Have fun.

Hank the cutest puppy ever has a vet appointment at 6:30 so I am out too cry.gif

Am down to go anytime the rest of the week (though I might have a puppy in tow)! wazzup.gif

Are you shitting me? You must have stole that from me! We possess the one, the only, "Hank the Dog".

He's a 6 year old Jack Russell Terrier who has yet to piss on my climbing gear, but has otherwise blanketed the house with shit, piss and crap.

Wanto trade dogs?

Thursday we can finish ripping and tearing our muscles, tendons and stuff.

Wanto trade dogs?

I'll toss in a some used Petzel Spirits, an 11 year old cat and a pair of Lowe Footfangs to sweeten the deal if I have too.

Throw in some chouinard gear and its a deal.

Footfangs! Sweet! Now you don't have an excuse to skip out on drytool night hahaha.gifyellaf.gif

Throw in some chouinard gear and its a deal.

Footfangs! Sweet! Now you don't have an excuse to skip out on drytool night hahaha.gifyellaf.gif

Yes I do, I'm a pussy.

How about an authentic # 6 Chouinard hex with the origonal 9mm cord, so basically its 33 years old. I bought it new so you know it's been well taken care of, and a Chouinard light D carabiner or 2: which might be only 15 years old.

Theres a racoon in the neighborhood thats been crapping on our front porch rug twice a week, (I think he's the cats' boyfriend) I'll toss him in too.

Nolse: name my price? Dog or Gear?

I'll pay ya $100 to haul the dawg off. The price goes up with every carpet shit bomb I step on. We flew those GD carpets in from Nepal: they were handmade by Tibetian Refugees. The third one upstairs which I noticed last night is smelling like dawg piss was a gift from my brother last Nepal trip he made.

We have a carpet steamer, and it looks like a race between who will get the last word in on if it will be clean or messed up: which the little dog currently is winning.

Gear: uhhh, too hard to part with. My long time partner of 25 years retired @ 4 years ago cause he got permanently dizzy of all things: , he might want to part with some gear, he had a lot of Chouinard stuff including ice gear I believe.

BTW, my lat still hurts, (hey, the "Bill, our interest in your lat's can be measured in Micro-Give-A-Shits replys can hold off for now).

I'll be there to belay, offer moral support and stretch. If it feels OK, I might jump on something easy. If it's just a few of us,. we can hang off the cliff and do the easy routes Fuenos and I did last month. (tiger paws and the next route ... like 5.9 or 10A)

bring a wisk broom.

If more folks show up, you guys mark your spot to climb and I'll follow the herd as long as it's not too big. Last Thursday I showed up and NO ONE! was there when I arrived. NO ONE!- no cars or people.

Thought I'd fallen in a time machine and went back 10 years till you guys showed up.

Nice day, just the right amount of people.

Hey Momentus, weren't you going to clean those off? We get there last night and all that dirt and shit is still covering everything!

WTF you been doing with your time anyway? yelrotflmao.gif

BTW and FYI, Doug went right up between the 2 routes on TR looking smooooth, and says thats better than the other 2. Nolse confirmed and I did belay, so I'm going with 2nd hand info here.

We should have brought wisk brooms but a good time was had anyway.

That stuff that we just climbed/been cleaned is good but let's go somewhere else tomorrow. I do not know the Butte that well but may get there first and set something up. Look for my Ruby Mazda van with the Boognish sticker (whatever the hell that is). I am leaning towards "Emotional Rescue" and surrounding climbs on the Warrior Wall (last wall climber's left of the guard rail and guard rail descent) - maybe this link will work http://ors.alpineclub.org/AAC/rocky1.html#FW (climbs 70-73) but will be happy to follow the herd. Probably easier to take the guard rail descent than rapping but can follow a small ledge around to look down and see if anyone is there.