Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

Next session will be Tuesday May 17th 3:30ish – pump. Call me if you are coming... 541.231.2062. Holla!

Also: is anyone interested in starting a weekly rock climbing night? Sport, trad, aid, drytool... I don't care... I'm just looking for some consistent weekly climbers. Give me a shout if you are interested!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps it is an age thing (specifically my lack of) but my understanding of the term “pump” when used to describe a climbing induced condition is a state when one has reached muscle failure and “pumped out” due to a build up of lactic acid in the forearms. Synonyms include “flame” or “flamed out”, “gripped” or “gripped out”, and so on. And I said my understanding because chances are I am wrong!

It was my impression that the term “pump” was as commonplace in a climber’s vocabulary as “beta"… perhaps I was mistaken or... perhaps this is you baiting me yet again… you are the only individual I know that precluded their formal introduction with the phrase “you might want to hit me”…

If you truly are interested you and the SEA kids should organize some type of climb (sport, trad, aid, dtool) night… based on the turnout you get for weekly pub clubs I don’t see why you wouldn’t see a lot of interest. This is a climbing board with a drinking problem... not a drinking board with a climbing problem... right? wave.gif

We climb until we are too pumped too (or if Ivan hits himself in the head with his adze hahaha.gifyellaf.gifpitty.gif).

Start something... only the truly interested people (the type of people you want to climb with anyways) will attend and the rest of the cats can sit at home and spray wave.gif.

shit, reminds me to take the business end off 'fore 2night!

so anyone else showing up today for the dt madness? come discover the truly cool thing about dt'ing: it don't matter if it's raining or not, it's just as easy to stay stuck!

• 4 weeks later...

Next session will be Tuesday June 14th 5ish – pump. Call me if you are coming... 541.231.2062. Holla!

5 PDXers were rock climbing last week... anybody else interested? Sport, trad, aid, drytool... I don't care... Give me or Ivan or Bill a shout if you are interested! wazzup.gifsnugtop.gifthumbs_up.gif

Anybody want to drytool Thursday and/or Friday? Forecast is calling for rain next few days so dting might be the only option...

I have extra ice tools, pons, helmets (w/ face shield)... all you need is boots and some interest! wazzup.gifsnugtop.gifthumbs_up.gif

Call me: 541-231-2062

• 2 weeks later...