Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

So is this going down this week? I'd be interested.

Next session is Wednesday Feb 2nd 3:30ish - pump... if you would like a second session let me know. Please PM me if you are planning on attending and what, if any gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged. wave.gif

Also: Being that I am a fat bastard cry.gif I broke a significant hold off the right hand route Friday making the much more engaging (sorry Ivan). wazzup.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what be ye implying, fuck-fool?

the little block just right of the crack half way up? nothing that a gallon of super-glue couldn't fix smile.gif

seriously, those routes are getting so overclimbed they kinda need to keep falling apart just to keep it interesting.

I can no longer do Wednesday nights due to work commitments madgo_ron.gifcry.gif so I’m moving the weekly session to Tuesday… next session is this Tuesday Feb 8th 3:30ish – pump. If you would like a second session let me know. Please PM me if you are planning on attending and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged. wave.gif

As always:

cell: 541.231.2062

alphanumeric: 888.267.5727

Next session is this Tuesday Feb 15th 3:30ish – pump. Please PM me if you are planning on attending/interested and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged. wave.gif New route is clean and ready to be broken in.

As always:

• 2 weeks later...

Next session is this Monday Feb 28th 3:30ish – pump (though I can't get there until 4ish). Please PM me if you are planning on attending/interested and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged.

As always:

440202-6.jpg

440202-6.jpg.d93aa06053b2076c2f9f5cb41fcbc21e.jpg

Edited by NOLSe

there's always room; to be safe, bring a hot chick to distract others from climbing so you can get your personal pump on.

probably do it next week on thursday. nolse is always chewing the bit though, so pm him and maybe he'll set ya up w/ a personal session smile.gif

Tydog (and anyone else for that matter): On average I dt 3 times during the week… 1-2 times at Rocky and a third session on a concrete bridge I drilled out near my house. Anyone (newbie to M10 monster and anyone in between) is welcome any time I go out (dt, running, etc)… however it’s on you to take the initiative to contact me.

My purpose in organizing dt night was twofold: primarily it is an opportunity for anyone (not just me) to meet and further staff the list of potential climbing partners… I don't know about you but nothing burns me more than not getting to climb because I couldn’t find a partner… I think many can relate to this. Attending dt night will allow you to meet and screen potential future partners. Secondly I want to create a forum for local climbers to get together and try out something new (climb type and climbing gear) all while having fun.

As the weather gets better my hope is to transition dry tool night into PDX climb night. And with that said spring and rock season is around the corner and what better way to shake the rust off than pulling down a little?

Shoot me a pm if you’d like to hook up. I know a local gear shop manager is going to start attending semi regularly so this would be a good chance to scope out (maybe even try out) next years ice tools as he generally gets to demo most of them (speaking of DMM has a sweet tool in the works).

Hope you’ll join us! wave.gifwazzup.gif John

440886-13.jpg

440886-13.jpg.2f9c4e8edfc3455446b62f5c76048a12.jpg

Next session is Tuesday March 8th 3:30ish – pump. I know at least one person that can't make this night so I will likely have a second night either Monday or Wednesday depending on what people request. Please PM me if you are planning on attending/interested (specify which night you would like) and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged.

As always:

441971-7.jpg

441971-7.jpg.604bd031f83f526dca98d5c240c8c27f.jpg

Edited by NOLSe

Extra session this week: Wednesday March 9th 3:30ish – pump. Please PM me if you are planning on attending/interested and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged.

WRT the daylight issue: do you all climb Hood only in the daylight? Just a thought...

Regardless: When ever you decide to come out I'll be stoked to enlist a few more regulars... looking forward to climbing with all the new people coming out tomorrow (Tuesday) night wazzup.gif

442431-17.jpg

442431-17.jpg.90b0e7f8115fc0e025ed94aca8ebd801.jpg

Edited by NOLSe

Hey take some pictures and post em up here if you don't mind. I'd like to see ya'll in action.

Per your request fox some new material to dogpile. Make sure to spray on these photos in Tydog's gallery. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Big ups to Ty for shooting some pics and showing me that new route... hope to send it clean tonight yellaf.gif. Good to see Doug and his friend (I am not going to even attempt to try and spell your name blush.gifwave.gif). Hope to see you 2 next week and more new people wazzup.gif!

Ty:

4565P3080011.JPG

Steve:

4565P3080005.JPG

Everybody's favorite bitch:

4565P3080027.JPG

First red badge of courage last night! Just in time for someone's life insurance interview. yellaf.gif

Next session is Tuesday March 15th 3:30ish – pump. I know at least one person that can't make this night so I will likely have a second night Wednesday if enough people request it. Please PM me if you are planning on attending/interested (specify which night you would like) and what, if any, gear you need to borrow. Newbies are welcome and encouraged. I will be out of town Friday afternoon till Monday night so don't expect a reply until Tuesday.

As always: