[TR] Place Creek Falls - FA???- 1/9/2005

nicr

Climb: Place Creek Falls - FA???-

Date of Climb: 1/9/2005

Trip Report:

A group of us climbed Place Ck Falls on Sunday. Couldn't figure out if this has been climbed before or not. The closest thing in the guide seems to be Whispering Falls, although the book places that climb on the N. end of Gates Lake (Birkenhead Rd) and the access doesn't sound quite right...

For what it's worth, a fun climb, first pitch grade 3 with a 15m grade 4 step at the top. ~50m total. pitch 2, 3 and 4 all ~ 40m meandering grade 2 with grade 3 steps.

Approach Notes:

Park at railway crossing ~24km from Mt.Currie, follow railway line about 200m then cut across 2 Hydro cuttings and up the hill to the falls. Same access as Place Glacier trail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whispering Falls is on the other side of the road. I knd of wondered why no one had ever climbed the main Place Creek falls, this is on the hillside north of the Plum area right? Probably because you can't see it from the road and have to have hiked the trail in summer to know that the falls are there. thumbs_up.gif

Yep, I hiked it in the summer and thought I'd go back for a look during the cold snap... ahh, those sublime days of yonder weeks!

You're right, north of Plum and not very visible from the road but if you look closely you can see the top of it.

• 10 years later...