Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

LAST WEEK THERE WAS A SIGN POSTED AT 8 MILE SAYING THAT IT CLOSES ON OCTOBER 14

How about Bridge Creek? Might this one be closed, too? Do they mean "closed" with a gate or do they simply mean that the campground host will be gone? Has anybody checked with the ranger station?

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

quote:

Originally posted by iceguy:

Called ranger to verify--all open except 8-mile and J-Creek.

This may mean that campsites will be in high demand with other users. I hope somebody can get over there early -- like today ???

DR JAY AND I ARE HEADING OVER THIS AFTERNOON

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:

quote:

That doesn't make sence, are you shure?

Are they realy that stupid?

DAVE IF YOU DONT BELIEVE US...THEN YOU CAN CAMP AT 8 MILE AND WE WILL BE SOMEWHERE ELSE....

hey beck, save your bribes because there won't be any camp hosts. as erik said the campgrounds offically close but they are still accessable, just without any amenities, and most importantly, no babysitters, i mean camp hosts. we'll just have to bring our own water and there won't be a shitter, and hope for few crowds.

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:

quote:

That doesn't make sence, are you shure?

Are they realy that stupid?

ALL OF THE CAMPGROUNDS ARE CLOSED IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON AND UNITED STATES OF AMERIKA UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. GAPERS LIKE DAVE SCHULDT MUST STAY HOME FOR THE REST OF THIER LIFE!

Just a head's up. Larry the Tool HAS cited climbers drinking beer in the Snow Creek TH, and poured out the six pack in question--saying that consumption of alcohol is illegal there. I have no idea about the legal issues at TH's or in the campgrounds, but have to agree with MattP that some discretion in the keg consumption would be wise. I'd sure hate to see any go to waste.

See you there. Can take riders, will leave midday tomorrow.

you can drink in campgrounds, tha's for sure! Big roaring parties with a butrocking metal band plugged into a generator hidden in the bushes probably aren't, so some discretion will probably be in order- we need to get the keg its' own tent- does anyone want to bring an extra Megamid for the keg to "chill" out in?

This may be of help on info to the CG in question.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreate/recmain.html

And just a thought but I remember talking to CG host at the little CG near 3 0'clock rock, and they said open drinking was illegal in campgrounds. However, they said they never bothered with it if it didn't get out of hand. But if there are no host's well [big Drink][big Drink][Wazzup]

Dave-

I'm not sure what "stupidity" has to do with it. It is certainly my impression that the F.S. in general is not a very user-friendly outfit and that the Leavenworth District in particular is unfriendly towards climbers, but they probably have their reasons for closing certain campgrounds and I bet it has to do with maintenance costs. So far, two out of two have been told that EightMile is closed, and previously Beck or somebody was told that the group site at Bridge Creek is also closed. So we better try to get as many people there as early as possible, and hope there are plenty of sites available at Bridge Creek.

B-rock & JK are graciously dealing with the Keg. Somebody still has to scare up a tap. It is standard Sankey and readily availible. B-rock will be putting his name on the OLCC permit, which is required in Oregon. I have no idea what WA laws are for dealing with keg parties. My best advice is just say that it is homebrew if johnny law shows up with an attitude. In 99% of the cases there is no issue unless a bunch of minors are puking or planning to drive home.

I am happy to do this, it's really very easy for me...I just wish I was going to be there. [Frown]

Cheers! and have a good rope-up - TG

PS: I am glad mattp voiced his concern. I thank that it needed to be stated. That being said, I expect that you can strike the balance between having a great time and not attracting so much attention that somebody gets busted.

Thanks B-rock & JK

CAMPGROUNDS: On October 14th at 2 p.m. the gates will be closed to Eightmile, Upper and Lower Johnny Creek, and Tumwater campgrounds. All Campgrounds up the Icicle will go on non-fee status as of October 14th requiring campers to bring their own water and toilet tissue, and to pack out your garbage; no camping will be allowed at Tumwater Campground.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreate/reports.html#anchor250803

See you all tomorrow (Friday) [Wazzup]