Equalizing the Belay

scrambled_legs

Haahah... I couldn't make out the drawing on the last post but now that I can see it in all its glory I have to agree. It is definately nearing the doctors perscription quality.

Ketch you are right. Inertia and acceleration will allow more than the belayers weight to be applied to the anchor. It'd be interesting to see what kind of extra force can be added to the body weight. Any movement of the belayer will relieve some of the force put on the anchor, it would be interesting to see how much. Sounds like a good daytrip. We'll set up the rigs, drink the beer and drop the bucket of cement and let some Physics students crunch the numbers. Do you know of any volunteers?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is perhaps the worst drawing in the history of the human race. Marmosets on meth could produce a better diagram than this.

yellaf.gif

I commissioned a couple of crack-smokin' Meer Cats snaf.gifsnaf.gif and the little buggers knocked it out in about 5 minutes!

I'll pass your compliments along to them.