Climbing Magazine threatened me!!

chucK

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I know a number of people that can climb 5.10+ in the mountains first try and some have done it on a new route. They don't seem to care about posting it on the internet... Some don't have computers...

Is that the new "hardman" criteria these days. Seems like some low standards since some people were doing that 20 years ago.
[sNAFFLEHOUND]

There is a lot more to climbing than new routes since beckey took most of the good lines
[Wazzup]
here anyhow.

My definition of a hardman is someone who can and has picked a few or many lines 5.10 of harder. Either that or at least had the aspiration to climb it free but ended up aiding it because it was unsafe or needed much cleaning. I think of the few who has lead bolted 5.10 or lead climbed on gear at 5.10.

If you think this is nothing...go try it sometime. For those who have, thanks for being humble by saying it was nothing. It is something much more than you think.

That is all I have to say for now. thanks for participating.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by David Parker: I like to watch the Colorado and Utah climbers navigate slide alder, devil's club, gnarly stream crossings and all the other neat stuff that is special to us Cascade Climbers. Maybe that's what keeps them in Colorado and Utah!

I'm from Colorado. I learned to bushwack brush in the jungle with a LAW and 250 rounds of 7.62 strapped to my back. I'd like to see some of you try to hang. Ben Manfredi would be wimpering.