Thoughts to Stefan

MounTAIN_Woman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok accident fans, I just spoke with Stefan and he asked me to post a quick report.

He and his partner had summited Mt Temple (Enchantments area) and rapped a 50 meter rope from the summit to a rap station with a couple of slings around a rock. They looped the rope through the newer of the slings at the station and Stefan's partner used the rope as a handline as he downclimbed the 30 ft to the col. Stefan then rapped and was about 5 ft down from the anchor with a hand on the rope and one in a crack for balance, when the rope went slack and he fell to the boulders below. He landed on his feet breaking both feet and also one ankle. He doesn't know if the sling came off of the rock or if the sling just broke. His partner ran out and summoned help and Stefan was helo'd off around 10:00 pm and taken to the hospital. Stefan is doing very well, considering. If anybody goes up there, there is a rope they left up there at the col.

It sounds like it's going to be a while before we have a lot of news about Stef's long term recovery.

Veg and MT both remind me that Stef doesn't do email at home, so if you PM him, he probably won't see it for a long time.

Pray for Stef's speedy recovery!

[rockband]

[ 10-15-2002, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: allison ]

Just got off the horn with Stefano. He's got a pretty good attitude for a guy who's all busticated. I will be giving him the straight skinny on recovery in the coming days. [Frown]

Think good thoughts Wednesday afternoon, Stef is having surgery at 1pm. I'm going to pop in on him at the hospital Thursday morning.