New picks

IceIceBaby

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in the BD Stingers. That is, if they are the ones with the "waterfall recurve droop" to them that fit on "old skewl" BRS X-15s and such.

A quick check on www.bdel.com indicates that the Stinger is no longer available, only Fusion, Laser/Titan, and Alaska picks. The Laser/Titan (so slashed because when you click to enlarge, BD uses the same jpeg file for both picks, so I assume that they are the same pick???) appears to look a lot like my current X-15 picks, which I've always referred to as "Cobra" picks.

So is the Stinger pick the same as the Laser/Titan pick? The site says that the Laser comes standard on the Cobra tool, and I (and John at Hyperspud) have always referred to the picks on my X-15s as "Cobra" picks.

I believe the Laser is ice-specific (thinner, b-rated) and the Titan is similar to the Cobra (thicker, suitable for mixed/alpine, t-rated), except that it doesn't have that annoying bulge in the top that cuts into your hand when trying to use the tool in cane position. No idea about the Stinger.

It did, indeed, help me in my decision. Thank you.

It would appear, then, that I have one Cobra and one Stinger pick for my tools, and that your picks should obviously work on my X-15s. If the two Stingers are still available, I would like to acquire them from you.

Let's switch to PM for payment options and shipping discussion.

• 4 weeks later...