Alpental

IceIceBaby

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to go, call me if you're interested ((206)790-6566 I also PMed you). I dont think Avy hazard should be too bad (although I have peeps and shovel and probe for extra safety). Forecast calls for generally moderate hazard, however at least around alpental falls, there is substantial brush and tree anchoring to help maintain a stable snowpack (especially since the base is only a few feet right now and they only got 4" of new). I'd also be down for leavenworth or anywhere else if you're interested.

Sorry for the confusion Von Spanker, I was commenting on Korups post. I think IIB has assumed Alpental isn't gonna be open, and is thinking about the ice routes in the ski area, not hoping the lifts will be open (sadly, that's probably another storm away). Sure, avy will be a concern - doubt they'd bother with control before the area opens. . .

Sorry for the confusion Von Spanker, I was commenting on Korups post. I think IIB has assumed Alpental isn't gonna be open, and is thinking about the ice routes in the ski area, not hoping the lifts will be open (sadly, that's probably another storm away). Sure, avy will be a concern - doubt they'd bother with control before the area opens. . .

Word up to that...