Twin Sisters: south side to be closed by gate

Stefan

I'm still into establishing or exploring for a better route to the crest via Boot Lake Pass.

Even if no trail work can be done, at least we can find the best "schwack" way or rediscover some old path from Road 12 to Boot Lake Pass.

Didn't have a chance to get up there during the nice weather, but still planning on it. I want to wait until the snow is gone to see what we are really facing.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I hiked up to the Sisters two times last weekend.

There were a lot of "partiers" shooting guns and being wild by the Road 38 parking area by the gate. To tell you the truth, I don't feel comforatable leaving my vehicle here anymore, expecially for an overnight trip. Does anyone know if the area before the gate where we park is on public or private land? who could I contact to adress this issue.

Additionally, the gate was closed, but I noticed on the way back that the lock was missing and you could now open the gate. This was on Sunday. There is a fresh treefall on the road about half a mile up past the gate.

There is also a stubborn cougar hanging out by where the road ends.

• 1 month later...
So I can go in there with clippers, axe and shovel and I won't get busted?

If it's not an official current trail, which it's not, this is illegal. Equivalent to building your own trail, also illegal. In practice, you are not likely to be caught. But why do it? There are reasons for such prohibitions. It's not like you can't get there with the gate closure. It's just marginally less convenient. BFD.