• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
peas

Mountain ID (Dru, that means you)

I was recently up in the Phelix Creek area and noticed a mountain to the South with a large gash running up its north Face. I checked on bivouac, but couldn't ID it and haven't had a chance to look at topo maps or guide books yet. For a little more specific, but still vague, description of where it is, from standing on top of Aragorn, it is just to the left of Gandalf, and across at least one major drainage. Anyone have any idea of what this peak is?

Man that looks like a fun ski. How far is that from seattle?

Yeah, lets ski all of Dru's snow lines!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

if you ski the beautiful nightmare i will buy you a beer.

Naw, it's been done. Hmmm, maybe Owls Couloir, or has that been skiied too the_finger.gif

470_Plinth1.jpg

The sunlit line left of the arete dropping off the summit has already been skiied by the Whistler posse.

To get the beer you have to ski the shadowed face just right of the central arete.

I'm jittery with anti....cipa...........tion just looking at it. I'll need a name, so I can find a map then I'll let you know how it goes by spring smile.gif

Plinth Peak

Getting in there might be hard

(60km from Pemberton)

Umm, yea, that could suck. Maybe as soon as I quit my job you can buy me a beer then (I don't drink, so you would have to sit and watch a cold beer go warm smile.gif but I'm not one too say no. It's the thought that counts).

Snowmobile will have a hard time getting through the locked gate and 45 km of "industrial-users-only-allowed" plowed road to where the snow starts.

Snowmobile will have a hard time getting through the locked gate and 45 km of "industrial-users-only-allowed" plowed road to where the snow starts.

that's how Jia and Co got there. the road must not have been active and plowed that winter...

cheers,

Exactly, Frank B has the geotechnical drilling crew up at Meager this winter.