• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
yakimuchacho

New guidebook: "Tieton River Rocks" by Ford&Yoder

I just bought the new guidebook at Hyperspud Sports (Yakima) and it is excellent. I have been waiting for a comprehensive Tieton guide with awesome photos/beta/ and more for awhile. Ford and Yoder wrote this guide in the same style (fonts, get located crag topos., and great photos.) as the Frenchman Coulee guidebook.

I want to thank Jim Yoder and Marlene Ford for their hard work. "andyf" (ccc.c) has "created and/or assisted with 147 of the 356 routes there (Tieton)" p. 8. "joepuryear" ( ccc.c) has put up many multi-pitch routes up Goose Egg and he has added a few routes to The Talon. Thank you Andy, Joe, and others for making/developing the Tieton into an incredible climbing heaven.

BUY THE BOOK! thumbs_up.gif

Yes, there really is a reason to live in Yakima: the crags are only 30 minutes away, they are always dry, and there is rarely wind.

...the crags are only 30 minutes away, they are always dry, and there is rarely wind.

Eric,

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! smirk.gif

Got mine at lunch, and have been reading it ever since. I should just take the rest of the day off...

Nice guide. thumbs_up.gif

The South Fork routes (Astral Wall and Hexagonal Satellites) look amazing. The Caldera bouldering area looks awesome too. I am definitely stoked. It's on!

OK, so I just spent the last 3 hours or so in my office reading the new guide. To what project do I bill this time? smirk.gif

Seriously, I'm stoked for Tieton multis on Goose Egg. South Fork "hexagonals" look fun, too.

OK, now on to re-reading Alex's and Jason's guide for my upcoming adventures this weeknend...

My boss is gonna kill me if he finds out... pitty.gif

The Alpine Experience in OLY has it in case any of you Mossy back west siders want to dream of dry climbing weather.

Another well done guide book by Jim Yoder and

Marlene Ford thumbs_up.gif