T2 Shell Sizing Recommendations

TomR

Hi folks,

I'm just buying my first pair of telemark boots (yea!). The T2s fit in width and volume - now just struggling with the size. Have been doing shell fits first as I know baking the liners can give me the final fit. The 27.0s give me about 1.5 finger widths behind boots. The 27.5 give me about a 2.0 finger widths. (minus/plus a wee bit in both cases). My question: would you go with the larger or smaller size? If so, any reasoning would be helpful.

Thanks,

tom

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i would go with maybe 1 finger. more of a performance fit and much more control over your boot ... and hence your ski. 2 fingers is huge. you'll be swimming.

btw, in ski boots a 27 and 27.5 shell are usually the same size shell; they just change the size of the liner. can't remember if that's how the scarpas are. did you try a 26.0/26.5 shell?

scarpa size breaks occur on the half size...ie- the 26.5 and 27 are the same shell, then the shell size increases for the 27.5 and 28 which use the same shell.

When you put on the 27 with a pair of liner socks and walk around, are you in pain? are you toes bunched up or bent? if not then go with the 27. Even the thermofit liners will pack out after they've been cooked. 1.5 fingers behind your heel should be plenty.