pinkey tendon pulley.....BLOWN

Distel32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditz: you have my sympathy:

Once when I was young and strong like yourself: I ripped every damn one of the tendons on the fingers of my right hand, OK, it was 3 of 4 but it felt like all of them. It may have been the worst climbing accident I've felt, and I'm including an unhelmeted bouncing 60-80 footer that after I regained conciousness left me with a broken wrist and a tempory knot on my forehead the size of a fist. (course that happened over 31-32 years ago so you tend to forget the pain) Certainly more than the block I pulled off of a new route which slammed down simultaniously with me precious foot contacting a small ledge which broke my foot 2 years ago.

The tendon thing was this: I was done climbing plastic for the day and some friends playing challenge on a 20' high problem challenged me to try. After the usual baiting and refusal cycle went by a few times, I bit and took my shot. Wasn't warm and I was very tired, 2 bad things. Last move from the top they blew. JH Christ it hurt. All you can do is sit around for the longest time: which for active folks like us can be doubly painful.

Here's bigdrink.gif to the fact that the weather is currently shitty for outdoor climbing, and a good time for you to either

A) take up skiing/snowboarding or

B) Get better at said sport.

So ya know, I'm being serious, if the weather was good, you'd be knashing your teeth to get out, or be out and in pain and/or re-injuring it. Not a cycle to get into.

You have plenty of time for recuperation. I'm sure you can get plenty of advice on that whole trip so I won't beat that dead horse here. Just cry.gif and then get back on the horse when you can.

Good luck: I feel your pain.

I feel your pain... happened to me last fall, 2 in my ring finger. My highly scientific recovery plan involved not climbing and getting very weak, so that as I retrained my forearms my finger would come along for the ride. So 4 months later it seems to be ready to rehabilitate, with the usual limited extension. Time off to avoid chronic re-injury seems to be the best medicine. Looks like it's time to explore other interests. Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...