Playing with high explosives

snoboy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the avalanche was a little more like the Bachy slide then you might have thought... Oops! blush.gif

I havent been aware of bachelor admiting any fault.

I do think it is pretty pathetic to have a natrual slide of that magnitude, no matter what time in the day at a resort during the operating year. Sadly inbounds slides are not uncommon around here-> Hoodoo's backside slid out natrually 2 years ago, 20' deep deposits on the getback trail.

I should not imply fault either, cause that was a crazy storm; but I hope they have learned somthing, and I think they should of and could of been more on top of it. Its obvious that there are slide paths outta the bowl/cirque and down thru that area. Just check out Bruce Jackons "the summit" print and the difference in the size of trees.

edit-- on second thought, Im no avie scientist, just a geology student..so as I think about this, im thinking snow can load so fast and change so quickly that we cant do a thing about it and this shit happens...nutty.

Edited by steepconcrete