Preloaded Software on my CompactFlash Card

thelawgoddess

I just bought a Lexar Pro card that has software preloaded on it that I need to save to my computer before I format it. It won't download via the program that I download the pictures with, so I'm not sure what I need to do now. Do I need to have some sort of card reader or should I be able to transfer/copy those files via the camera connected to my computers USB port?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

your camera may allow you to use the usb cable connection between camera and computer to open the card in the camera as a drive. it may require you to be using winXP. i wouldn't buy a card reader too quick.

i'd be surprised if that software wasn't on a website somewhere (lexar's or your camera manufacturer's). search around, one typically needs to download the latest software version anyway to get stuff to actually work (which may be why you're having trouble getting the software off the card and onto your computer).

i've tried with the usb connection. i've tried calling lexar but gave up after being on hold for 12 minutes long distance. i'm still on hold for their live chat. oh, well. i have win xp so that's not it. and i just bought the camera, but i can check for updated software anyway. i also don't have a laptop at the moment. cry.gif i think i may just have to buy a reader ... or just go without the software, which i only need if the card goes belly up ... and at that point i'd need a reader anyway.

yes.

THANK YOU, squid. wave.gif i actually finally figured that out this morning, but that's really all i needed to know for now. the packaging that the card was in made it sound like you had to remove the software before using the card. shows you how much i knew about these cf cards before today! well, now i can just go on my merry way and take pictures and deal with getting a card reader after i have some time to look around and see what's out there and what i want to buy.