Climbing- Need a Fix NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I got back into rock climbing my addiction has reawakened. I'm clearly not going to make it through the winter without climbing. I've been buying as much gear as I can but this only provides momentary relief. I need rock.

Where can one climb around here in the winter? Vantage? Or is that too cold. Smith Rock? (long drive) Levanworth is snowed in I would think...

Help!

A_Little_Off_Route

PS Cheers bigdrink.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll were at Erie yesterday? Olyclimber and I had a great time stumbling around in the mud + sticker bushes while lost, but finally found Powerline Wall and climbed a few routes. We only saw three other people all day - Dallas Kloke and two bumbly kids. Where were you?

Erie/Vantage/Tieton/Smith/Index/X32/X38 can all provide winter rock climbing opportunities. Just need a sunny day or two. Erie, being south-facing and at sea level is probably one of the warmer and faster-drying options.

Stone Gardens and Vertical World are usually warm and dry as well.

Damn!

We were at the Headwall (I think that is what it is called). I believe we did the Nose with the 5.9 variation on the finish. The loose block at the crux is wedged in cause we tried to trundle it, so it is safe to pull on, just feels dangerous. Great day! Didn't see anyone except the tourons in the parking lot.

Next time...

bigdrink.gif