Colorado

sketchfest

I realize this isn't about the NW, but, I'm heading to Denver on Thursday thru Monday and I plan on getting out to Eldorado to climb. I went to my local climb shop looking for a guide, but found none. Anybody have a clue where I might find something, internet, book store, local joint in CO. The weather is looking pretty iffy, might even snow, but I am really looking forward to being back in the mile high area, only been on business, never had time ot climb. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey sketch--not much alpine in eldo canyon but you're not far from indian peaks and rocky mountain park where there's all the alpine you want. just bring an extra set of lungs for the thin air. i've got a few guides to the area and used to live out there, drop me a line if you want any beta. enjoy.

As far as routes to hit with your wife are concerned, just about every 14'er in the state has a walk up route on it (most have several). Gray's Peak, Torrey's Peak, Mount Bierstadt, and Mt. Evans have trailheads within an hour or an hour-and-a-half's drive from Denver/Boulder. Of the three Bierstadt is the mellowest, with most parties taking between 1.5 and 3.0 hours to reach the summit. Just make sure to make an allowance for the altitude...