Take A Powder. Crux pissin hard.

Heinouscling

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a little bit intimidating...but still .12a...

There's a slight right hand movement to skip the original crux of going straight up that slightly softens the route, but its still sustained nubs to the top...Also, this weekend was smokin' hot, probably not the best time to try that thing...

i agree the front side was not the place to be...we trundled up cocaine gulley and played chase the shade until it cooled down in the frontside...

i think i saw you in the parking lot w/ Tex...but not sure since i've only seen photos of ya on the website...

Hey Erik...

The wife rocked!! She came in at 4 hours 9 minutes and 53 seconds...this after having a baby 7 months ago and losing a month because of a C-section...I was stoked to see her go and she definitely paid her dues this summer...

Now, if i can only get her back to climbing...its been 7 years so i'm not holding my breath...but one can hope!! [big Grin][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by RuMR:

Hey Erik...

The wife rocked!! She came in at 4 hours 9 minutes and 53 seconds...this after having a baby 7 months ago and losing a month because of a C-section...I was stoked to see her go and she definitely paid her dues this summer...

Now, if i can only get her back to climbing...its been 7 years so i'm not holding my breath...but one can hope!!
[big Grin][big Grin]

AWESOME....I THINK I WOULD RUN THAT THING IN ABOUT 4 DAYS!!!

DID THE LAST 3 KILL YOU?? HEH!

[rockband]

you stoped in the parking lot to talk to erik on your way out with a big pack you were on you way out so you could see your wife run the next day... I was standing right there, eating trail mix I think next to my hubby JK with erik, and either TimL was there or he showed up shortly there after. Shred was there as was Mustang sally [big Grin]

Well I guess I owe you a "HELLO"... [smile]

Yep...the guy i was supposed to climb w/ bailed on me and now currently has a bounty posted on his pin head...Tim stepped in and I had a great day craggin' w/ him...kinda outta shape, but i'm working on that...

[big Grin]

Smiff, as alway, rocked this weekend. Rumar - good climbing with you and Paul on saturday. By chance did you find an extra gri-gri in your backpack? i lost mine on Saturday. Had an awesome day on Sunday climbing with Erik and the Smiff rock posse in the lower gorge. Cheers [big Drink]

Hey rg2k...I have done that one, its hard and kinda has a nasty fall for your ankle if you aren't careful...gotta wait for cold for it...

No, went up into cocaine and stayed there until it cooled...it was a mob scene on the front side...

When are you next getting down there??

I did take a powder once a long long time ago. I hung on a bolt or two.

All I remember was that is was not a route for soft shoes.

As a mountin climber I only go to smith about once every three years -So my memory is faded but speaking of stout 12A's, Freebase seemed really hard for the grade. Any thoughts?

quote:

Originally posted by Jens:

I did take a powder once a long long time ago. I hung on a bolt or two.

All I remember was that is was not a route for soft shoes.

As a mountin climber I only go to smith about once every three years -So my memory is faded but speaking of stout 12A's, Freebase seemed really hard for the grade. Any thoughts?

Hey, I have a thought on that one. My thought is that it's fairly representative of a 12a, but somewhat crimpy and technical, yet most everything at Smith is somewhat crimpy and technical. So in other words, it seems to me fairly representative of a Smith 12a. At Index it might be 11c. At Little Si it might be 13a.

[ 10-07-2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: sexual chocolate ]

Is that why if I go to smith I always get spanked on the first day?

Is the bouldering thing keeping crowds down at smith these days?

I have a friend that climbs at rifle a lot and says that since this pad culture thing took off rifle has become a ghost town relative to what it once was.

Speaking of bouldering, I've been jumpin into the bouldering rotation with some of these young pad toters. They are friggin' strong! What was considered powerfull six or seven years ago is now passe. Endurance hasn't really changed but these 18-19 year olds have some steel fingers!

[big Drink]