• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Nisqually is the shortest approach. Cant be it.

Maybe it COULD be. You don't know the guy's skill and condtioning level. I once took four days to climb and descend the Kautz. It was a great trip!

I expect it'd be pretty tough to do the east side routes (Tacoma Glacier, etc) in a day car-to-car. Though the record for Lib Ridge is 21 hours car-to-car, so there's probably someone out there who could do Tacoma Glacier in a day.

quote:

Originally posted by troubleski:

Anyone ever tried to do something in a single day and then really wished they hadn't? Not even just forced to bivy, but made it back to the car and sworn that you would never try something like it again... ?

Blah,

Yeah but when the memory fades I just repeat history [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by troubleski:

Anyone ever tried to do something in a single day and then really wished they hadn't? Not even just forced to bivy, but made it back to the car and sworn that you would never try something like it again... ?

Jefferson Park Glacier, Mt. Jefferson

car 2 car is nice cause you don't have to carry as much crap, especially if yer carryin' a trad rack. Regarding driving home, just remember, if you are suffering on the hike out think how much it will suck driving home.

You can party down at the car, after a car 2 car trip, with lots o food and beer and music, then get waffles the following morning in Little Bavaria

I would usually rather hump the gear up and spend a night in the wilderness, But sometimes car 2 cars is a must.

I was doing some research on the Bugs' for a trip next year and happened upon this article. Personally I agree with the majority of the responses in this thread and frankly have little desire to run in and out of the mountains as fast as I can just for the fuck of it. Although I enjoy pushing myself to be a better/faster/more efficient climber, I also like to stop and smell the roses....

[big Drink]

"Mark Kroese and Hans Florine climbed six of Steck and Ropers 50 classics in a eight days. "

http://speedclimb.com/9in9/