Used Skis and Boots for Kids

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i've done with my daugher is to lease her equipment every winter. that way she gets really good gear - which is important as she learns to ski, as it's easier and less frustrating with good gear - and i don't have to spend big money on buying the gear and have to give it away after one year because she's grown. gotten her stuff at seattle ski shop on aurora, in n seattle. my two cents.

what i've done with my daugher is to lease her equipment every winter. that way she gets really good gear - which is important as she learns to ski, as it's easier and less frustrating with good gear - and i don't have to spend big money on buying the gear and have to give it away after one year because she's grown. gotten her stuff at seattle ski shop on aurora, in n seattle. my two cents.

I've looked into this option at one shop (Pilchuck). As I recall it was about $200 or $250 to lease skis and boots for a year. Is that really less expensive than it would be to buy used gear of a comparable quality?

On the gear lifespan point, I do have younger ones who could inherit the gear as my oldest grows out of it...

I've looked into this option at one shop (Pilchuck). As I recall it was about $200 or $250 to lease skis and boots for a year. Is that really less expensive than it would be to buy used gear of a comparable quality?

I just double-checked the price at Pilchuck - $159 to lease for a season and $99 to buy out at the end. Renting for the season (not leasing) is $110. There are some ski packages at other stores on line for kids for $219 for new stuff. There's gotta' be less expensive options...