Snoqualmie

IceIceBaby

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading up to the pass tomorrow to meet vraddict and climb the Toof (my original plan for Chair NEB got canned for my lack of skillz, bailing partners, etc). If the Toof goes quick, could try to hit Rap Wall (is there any moderate drytooling there?) or see if there's a pitch or two of ice in that area. Vraddict has no tools right now, but we could figure something out. PM if interested . . .

I'm heading up to the pass tomorrow to meet vraddict and climb the Toof (my original plan for Chair NEB got canned for my lack of skillz, bailing partners, etc). If the Toof goes quick, could try to hit Rap Wall (is there any moderate drytooling there?) or see if there's a pitch or two of ice in that area. Vraddict has no tools right now, but we could figure something out. PM if interested . . .

Damn....wish I could go....if you guys end up doing something like this in a couple of weeks PM me...I'd love to tag along. wave.gif

could try to hit Rap Wall (is there any moderate drytooling there?) or see if there's a pitch or two of ice in that area.

no moderate dry tooling

however, a stick clip will get you up at least one of the routes if you are not up to leading. There is a fixed rope on one of the projects that usually gets really iced up, but if it isnt too icy youre welcome to use it to TR off that anchor.

i doubt there will be any 2 pitch ice routes in below 4000-6000 ft anywhere right now

Rap "Wall" consists of a few exposed rock faces of Snoqualmie pass above Alpental ski area. Approach: from Alpental go to Source like, then ascend the snow slope W-SW, as if you are heading up to the Tooth. You should see them on your right, below the E face of the Chair. The ice is totally not in condition right.