Splitboard - Bent Voile binding plates.

chopchopBC

Whats the general experience with the Voile binding plates. I was out in some heavy BC coastal powder touring recently.. Only got to ride once in a 4 day avy course, but we covered a lot of ground. I was choked to find my binding plates had bent from the build up snow under my feet over those days touring.. Anyone else had a similar experience? I will be communicating my dissatisfaction to Voile. Would have thought they would have stood up to more. They were brand new. madgo_ron.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"my binding plates had bent from the build up snow under my feet"

did this happen right where the climbing bars are? were your

climbing bars up? i ask because it seems like it would take a bit of snow to cause a bend, and if you climbing bars werent up...then didnt you notice a wad of snow built up under your binding and whack it out with your pole?

this happens to me during wet snow slogging, but if my climbing bars arent up and there is a big wad of snow under there, then it jacks your foot way up and gets annoying so i use the tip of my pole to punch it out.

anyway, the folks at voile have always been very cool over the phone with me. they have sent me free parts more than once (nuts, bolts, keeper pins), and seem like they want to keep their customers happy.

good luck

Nah I didnt have the climbing bars up, we were navigating twisty terrain, and i find the climbing bars make that trickier, cos i am not the worlds best skier!! Yeah I would periodically clear the snow bunchups but there was a lot of fricking snow. 50-100cm unconsolidated coastal cement powder. So maybe it was just freaky conditions that kinda put more stress than normal on the plates. And the multiday pack as well. I will contact Voile and see what they can do for me. But actually have given them to a mate who is a machinist, he is going to try to restore them to their unwarped state. Thanks