FRESHIEZ

Dwayner

Jens, Bone, Bill, Effortlessly Cool One, Alex, Off, JayB, Sneaky Fingers, AlpineKronic, E-dog et. al,

Thank you for your thoughful remarks, I truely appreciate your guys insight, the time and thought that you obvioulsy put into your posts, and with some of you on occasion the fine conversations and [big Drink] . I'd feel like a broken record if I repeated what I've said before so I won't. [Wazzup]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you did (on the Dwayner thread). Your comments are right on, Jon. Like Jay sai: people who want this site to be more informative and serve more as a vehical for meeting climbers and unifying the climbing community should feel free to add things that will steer it in that direction. Unless you change the board so the posts are screened before they are displayed, there will always be those who are more interested in entertaining theirselves or insulting others than contributing something more helpful -- but this site has and I hope will continue to be a great resource for a lot of Northwest climbers. I'm not identifying Dwayner or anybody else as being "responsible" for this situation, but it would be unfortunate if we let the antics of a few, or even the pervasive culture of banter, cause the site to be mired in the realm of bullshit.

Ok, you're right. The jokes, jive and flame have become more prevalent than the climbing content and in many ways they choke this site. But the potential remains obvious. I probably should have said it would be too bad if we let them cause the site to be "hopelessly mired in bullshit."