FRESHIEZ

Dwayner

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex-

you may not agree with cavey or greg on many things, but as for greg when I wanted to climb my first MULTI PITCH climb he offerd to take me. to rope gun and hang out with me for a day and teach me about something I have never done before. You didn't. NONE of the so called APROPRATE people jumped up and said "hey sk, I can help you out" Greg did. In my book, even though he may fuck with people, he is good people.

BTW that all happend on and because of this bored. I climed two multi pitch routes just last weekend and had a great time CLIMBING with people that I met threw this BBS.

so what was your problem again??? People arn't nice enough??? maybe you are the problem??? I am a suck shit climber and the slowest hiker in the world and still manage to climb with and meet people and learn things via this bbs that you say holds no true content.... whatever [Roll Eyes]

I don't think CC.com has "jumped the shark" at all. IMHO its just gotten better as the months go by. Of coarse, I spent six years in the military, so theres nothing any of the anonymous fucks on this site could say to me that I would find offensive. As for the peeps that want something nice, happy, and clean (and boring!), go visit barney.com or some shit like that. Climbers have a long, storied history of being crude and vulgar slobs. I find it very entertaining and enjoyable to hang with such a crowd. If someone doesn't like it, then (s)he can piss off. This site is like an organism. If its going to become a clean and happy site, it will happen eventually. Also, I don't understand why someone would be afraid to post. As pointed out, you're anonymous. Of coarse, said poster should understand that there's a real person behind the shield, which is why I try never to take personal jabs at anybody. If I piss anybody off, I try to piss off all of CC.com or nobody at all.

[Wazzup]

-Heinous

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

[QB]

Is this:

less of a contribution than this:

-

or this:

-

I think they're all pretty f'n boring, but you seem to like it. It seems to me that the board is more full of stupid crap like this than it ever has, so it just makes me wonder why you're bitching? [Confused]

quote:

"hmmm... yeah likewise, but water under the bridge, I'll buy you a beer when we meet up in Mugs'n Jugs this winter."

Hey...Lambone gonna buy Dwayner a beer! It better not be one of them new-fangled fancy modern beers that doesn't come in a ceramic jug with handles, and with all them young folk sittin' 'round talkin' 'bout quickdraws and such.

Exactly.

No, that was directed toward Ray, you just clicked before I did. One night of listening to your bullshit at the bar was enough for me, thanks.

sk,

actually, this is a great example of what I am talking about. You have no idea who I am, have never met me, and yet you call me the problem?

As for your defence of Greg, boy I wish you had been there to DEFEND ME when I needed it, but no one steps up when theres real shit flying. Greg doesnt need any defense, certainly not against me.

a) I am not attacking anyone

b) I am not attacking anyone

and

c) I am not attacking anyone

I am happy you got hooked up through this site. In fact I have climbed alot of really great routes with many members of this posting community, and I have NEVER had a bad experience. When people deride this board I defend it, because in general the people I have met here, like you, are great people.

so what was your problem again???

please re-read my post. You are really very new to this board and don't know alot of things about its history or the characters that post here. To summarize though, my point is that:

Everyone has the right to use this site as they see fit, without interferece

Anyone who wants this site to be something that it isnt, or wont be with current moderation policies, should go elsewhere

People arn't nice enough???

no, people are certainly NOT nice enough here

maybe you are the problem???

perhaps I am. It is your right to suggest it.

I am a suck shit climber and the slowest hiker in the world and still manage to climb with and meet people and learn things via this bbs that you say holds no true content....

Please re-read my post. I never stated it didnt hold true content, I stated it lost its relevance as a platform for the local climbing community.

Alex

what goes on here is not very different from any other unmoderated bbs board. it's a natural tendency for people to act this way.

one thing i think is interesting is that someone did a study on perceptions of emails a few years back. they found that emails are often percieved by the reader as having a stronger or more critical tone than the writer intended. it seems without vocal intonation we percieve what other people are expressing as more critical or hostile. i think a lot of that goes on here (see for instance the recent accident at vantage thread). somebody says something, then somebody else jumps on him, and then the original poster explains how he didn't mean anything critical about it.

given this human tendency, maybe when we read something that sounds a little sarcistic or whatever, when need to take a deep breath, relax, and not get all uptight about.

[i didn't intend to say anything critical in this post]

quote:

Originally posted by Heinouscling:

Also, I don't understand why someone would be afraid to post. As pointed out, you're anonymous.

You're right in one respect. If you're anonymous there's nothing to worry about...as long as your contributions also mean nothing to you. If you just click an icon or three and dash off a couple of vaccuous, misspelled one-liners, what can anyone say to hurt you?

However, if you spend some time and try to post something of value, like beta for a climb, talk about your personal experience, write about something you think is cool, when people just pop off with no consideration, it can gouge pretty deep or at the very least be annoying as f**k.

quote:

Originally posted by Muir on Saturday:

given this human tendency, maybe when we read something that sounds a little sarcistic or whatever, when need to take a deep breath, relax, and not get all uptight about.

[i didn't intend to say anything critical in this post]

But where is the fun in that? [Wink]

quote:

During the last few weeks, I've been running into an increasing number of folks with loads of negative comments about cc.com. A couple are wel--respected climbing "pioneers" in the NW while others were strangers. One notable individual claimed he stopped posting because everytime he contributed something useful, he received abuse. Another referred to the site as "a mean crowd" and another chuckled at the thought of participating.

Hey, Dwayner. Please encourage the folks who have negative comments to post good stuff on this website. AND TO CONTINUE POSTING ON THIS WEBSITE. Tell them to ignore the riff raff becuase there are people like me who listen to the quality stuff that comes out and do not like to participate in spray, becuase in essence I like to climb. (0nce in a while I try to spray, but I suck at it.) Tell them, I am listening for good beta. Yeah, I lurk a lot, but I save the good stuff when it comes up. PLEASE TELL THEM TO CONTINUE TO POST, becuase I am listening.

For example, I like the quality posts that Lowell Skoog posts on here. He basically ignores the riff raff.

I have been luking for a few months and just started really posting yesterday. When I am in the mood to browse some information I can usually find something that makes me think, when I am in the mood for a laugh or two, again, it is right there. I see this site as less of a climbing community, but more of a community of climbers. The site seems to work for me, but I can imagine how it wouldn't work for a lot of people.

alex...

i have slung some shit...but for the most part feel that i never take it too a personal level...(prove me wrong if i am)

i have stuck up for plnety of poeple and i am in a way agreeing with you, dwayner and prolyl everyone else.....

certainly some of the hate that seeths from this site is sicking and annoying......

now your comment about repsect for a thread.....a thread is like a micocosim of a conversation....when was the last time you had a conversdation with a few people and it did not turn another direction or onto another topic?????

certainly the hate and stupid crass jokes some use need to stop, but when that will happen and who will make it happen is anyones...guess

sorry for the randomness thinking about other sheit

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

Alex-

you may not agree with cavey or greg on many things, but as for greg when I wanted to climb my first MULTI PITCH climb he offerd to take me. to rope gun and hang out with me for a day and teach me about something I have never done before. You didn't. NONE of the so called APROPRATE people jumped up and said "hey sk, I can help you out" Greg did. In my book, even though he may fuck with people, he is good people.

BTW that all happend on and because of this bored. I climed two multi pitch routes just last weekend and had a great time CLIMBING with people that I met threw this BBS.

so what was your problem again??? People arn't nice enough??? maybe you are the problem??? I am a suck shit climber and the slowest hiker in the world and still manage to climb with and meet people and learn things via this bbs that you say holds no true content.... whatever
[Roll Eyes]

You easily hook up with climbers on this site? Do the two words "tits" and "ass" mean anything? For fuck's sake, of coarse you're going to easily hook up. For every woman on this site, there's 50 horny, swinging horse cocks just waiting to jump on you. Women have it so easy in the climbing community! You need an experienced climber to go up El Cap with? Done! You need to hook up to roadtrip to Red Rocks? Done! You need a nice, big horse cock? Done!

[Wazzup]

-Heinous

quote:

Originally posted by troubleski:

I have been luking for a few months and just started really posting yesterday. When I am in the mood to browse some information I can usually find something that makes me think, when I am in the mood for a laugh or two, again, it is right there. I see this site as less of a climbing community, but more of a community of climbers. The site seems to work for me, but I can imagine how it wouldn't work for a lot of people.

maybe it would help if people kept the trip reports in the trips reports section and the spray in the spray.

alex...

now your comment about repsect for a thread.....a thread is like a micocosim of a conversation....when was the last time you had a conversdation with a few people and it did not turn another direction or onto another topic?????

certainly the hate and stupid crass jokes some use need to stop, but when that will happen and who will make it happen is anyones...guess

erik, I for one have always appreciated the thought you put into your posts when there is actually thinking to be done. I appreciate your honesty and ability to see another person's point of view, and that became apparent to me pretty much that first couple weeks with "Spray Detracts From this Site" when both you and Dru had good arguments and insightful things to say, along with many other people.

But I disagree that all threads are conversation. Sure if the banter is about Formula 1 vs Stock Car racing, who cares? But all too often someone posts a trip report, the next thing you know there are twenty posts with one or two poeple calling each other names, polluting what otherwise is a good read. Often times I've heard the argument "if you dont like it, dont read it" but unfortuneatly I dont buy it since I naturatlly have to read it to even know if I like it or not.

I have a suggestion for jon and tim. An author of a thread should be able to nuke it if they feel its going sour.

Up until now you and me and other moderators are left to clean up the sheit when it actually happens ("attitude" is a great example). Why not let authors police their own threads?

Just a thought.

Alex

There's tons of shit to sift through here to get any real information...it's usually more trouble than it's worth, especially when there are so many other resouces available. I'm not saying this isn't a good site, nor am I saying that there's nothing of value here, but I would say that it's more of a source of entertianment than a serious resource, and that's the way most people that visit this site treat it. Looking for climbing information on cc.com is like looking for climbing gear at REI - neither is to be taken seriously.

It is true though that anonymity can let loose all the hubris that normal social controls keep in check.

Anyone seen Das Experiment? Or the little kids on the island, what's that one called?

But damn dwayner, you're still a contentious sanctimonious pious pretentious overly sensitive hypocritical pig fucker, so get over yourself already! [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by lizard brain:

There's tons of shit to sift through here to get any real information...it's usually more trouble than it's worth, especially when there are so many other resouces available. I'm not saying this isn't a good site, nor am I saying that there's nothing of value here, but I would say that it's more of a source of entertianment than a serious resource, and that's the way most people that visit this site treat it. Looking for climbing information on cc.com is like looking for climbing gear at REI - neither is to be taken seriously.

I disagree, almost every climb i did this summer I was able to easily find information on, and or get directly in touch with someone who had recently done the route. Albeit most of the routes are popular classic, but I don't plan on being a cascades "lifer" so i'm just ticken the best ones while I can, sometimes more than once...

Most of the beta I have seen has been pretty spot on.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

quote:

Originally posted by lizard brain:

I disagree, almost every climb i did this summer I was able to easily find information on, and or get directly in touch with someone who had recently done the route. Albeit most of the routes are popular classic, but I don't plan on being a cascades "lifer" so i'm just ticken the best ones while I can, sometimes more than once...

Most of the beta I have seen has been pretty spot on.

Read my post. I didn't say there was nothing here, and there is valuable information. But 90% of the post on this site are hot air. Like this one, for example. [Razz]

quote:

"One night of listening to your bullshit at the bar was enough for me, thanks."

Lambone...you're one classy guy!
[Roll Eyes]
One night, eh? I remember about ten minutes of a vacuous conversation with you...the rest of the time you were trying to impress some girls by climbing up on a beam above the bar at the Alki. Someday, when you learn some manners, you'll be surprised how much more of the world will be available to you.

[laf] It took only but ten minutes to determine that there was no possible worthwhile insight that I could possibly gain from you sir. Siffting through your selfrighteous BS for content was more tedious than digging through the spray of CC.com for good beta. I'll quote the great sex chocolate on this one:

"But damn dwayner, you're still a contentious sanctimonious pious pretentious overly sensitive hypocritical pig fucker, so get over yourself already!"