Cascade Urban Legends?-that might be true?

Jens

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dru wrote

Also there was a marijuana drop plane that dropped its bales recently (october?) while being chased by the US Border Patrol planes. The bales are scattered over "inaccessible mountainous terrain" between Chilliwack and the Okanagan. These bales have not been recovered. hahaha.gif

dru, are you sure that wasn't in yosemite in 1975?

blake wrote:

some chump would have spilled teh beans in a tell-all book or TV appearance, and made his million dollars, as opposed to being poor, silent, anonymous, and "in" on the secret.

blake - but people are writing books and making TV appearances all the time, claiming just that!!! maybe the vast conspiracy is protected by drowning out the whistle-blowers in a sea of static...

dru wrote

Also there was a marijuana drop plane that dropped its bales recently (october?) while being chased by the US Border Patrol planes. The bales are scattered over "inaccessible mountainous terrain" between Chilliwack and the Okanagan. These bales have not been recovered. hahaha.gif

Here is the thread with the recent News Story

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/402038/an/0/page/82#402038 wave.gif

Dru, this is the sort of thing you dream about, eh? You top out on this great route on a big mountain and there in front of you is this huge bale waiting for you. You look for your pipe and you can't find it. You are looking for a scrap of paper, but none to be found. Ah, but there is the summit register! All is not lost...

well let me rephrase,

the bolted sport caves I'm climbed on in the cascades aren't limestone.

that better?

perhaps I should have been more specific.

-Secret 4-star limestone sport crag that is not in Eastern WA, northeastern WA, southeast WA, Marcus, B.C, or Vancouver Island. but instead is in the WA central cascades and IS limestone. Everybody and their dog has a secret bolted crag that they think rulz.

bigdrink.gif

well let me rephrase,

the bolted sport caves I'm climbed on in the cascades aren't limestone.

that better?

perhaps I should have been more specific.

-Secret 4-star limestone sport crag that is not in Eastern WA, northeastern WA, southeast WA, Marcus, B.C, or Vancouver Island. but instead is in the WA central cascades and IS limestone. Everybody and their dog has a secret bolted crag that they think rulz.

bigdrink.gif

You must be talking about THAT secret Limestone cave!

But it's definatly not this one. not this

However it may be this one:

There is limestone, one can climb

Just a while East from the Slew

Over the hills you'll find the Lime

If you drive on Highway "____".

smirk.gif

dru wrote

Here is the thread with the recent News Story

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/402038/an/0/page/82#402038 wave.gif

A link to a link that no longer works. Now there's an urban legend. And I was all packed.

Two years ago my climbing partner and I encoutered a grizzly on Bethel Ridge (between White Pass and Chinook Pass). We were in a car and the big-humped brownie just stared us down and then ran away. This pretty far south but it is not the only report of a griz in this area. The Naches Ranger station has had 4 unconfirmed sightings in the last few years.

Strange sounds... ya, once out at Index on the upperwall trail I heard the weirdest and most spine chilling sound ever. Now some of those trees make noises that always happen when the wind picks up. But I've never heard this one again. This sounded truely like somebody in great pain! I looked in the area but didn't find anything. In 6 years of hiking around the woods I've never heard anything like this... nor do I ever want to again.

If you ever hike the Upper Wall trail with me I could show you the exact spot that I heard the noise.

This was most likely a mountain lion.

Check THIS WEBSITE and listen to the cougar and bobcat sounds (try "cougar6") to see if you can find a match.