Indoor Ice Climbing gyms in Scotland...

chopchopBC

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a few indoor gym's web sites showing off their "ice" wall, so I've seen this more local before.

My wife is a sales rep for a foam manufacturer. Some place in Bend, OR has called and asked her for some super-dense foam for their indoor ice wall. Not sure the name of the place though.

I thought this was an awesome idea for a home ice wall but found out that the foam in question is super expensive! cry.gif

ooo.gif Wow, quite the facility, it's gotta be worth millions. They put in 15m of concrete "under" the giant refridgerator just to deal with the weight. The simulated 18m Scottish gully sounds interesting. And it goes to -50C, they should put in giant fans and fill it full of freshiez for the full spin-drift effect. Edited by LYleK

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if they also included some objective hazards like falling ice, extremely cold temperatures, maybe some warm days when you wondered if the ice will fall on your head. I think it may be missing most of the fun! Next thing you know someone will be gluing rigid foam up to some crags to have year round "mixed climbs"....It reminds me of when climbing holds came out and we thought nobody would be stupid enough to do that but.....