Anyone been to J-Tree in December?

Ponzini

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be awesome or it can be freezing with howling winds. Plan on a lot of campfires or a lot of time spent in town in the evening. New Years Eve keg party on top of Intersection Rock is a good place to get drunk and free solo. Can't think of many other details. If it's full moon look for Chongo and mention crawling around under the boulders.

My only trip there was right at Christmas. Dark and snowing when we arrived. Awoke to before dawn under clear skies with just a skiff of new snow. Insanely pretty, ran off three rolls of Kodachrome in less than an hour when the sun came up. Plenty warm enough for climbing when the sun was up. Enjoy.

I was down there two years ago during that time and it was excellent. Up into the upper teens and twenties celsius during the days and cool at night. We didn't see a cloud in the sky for 10 days.

If you go, watch out for a big group of a dozen VOCers this year! bigdrink.gif

We're back you moss-infested, web-footed, PNW-livin'-forest trolls!

I've got flip-flop tan lines on my feet!

YEAH FOR ME!!!

fruit.gifcool.giffruit.gifcool.giffruit.gifcool.gifsnugtop.gifthe_finger.gifhahaha.gifbigdrink.gifcool.giffruit.gifmoon.gifwave.gif

HAHAHAHA.

p.s. The climbing was ver gut.

Blue skies, warm granite (or quartz monzonite, whatever Geek_em8.gif), and funky-ass trees:

424565-104resize.jpg.847371dddd17b6987203e4df87e826bc.jpg