france has upped its terror alert level

lummox

AP and UPI reported today that the French Government announced that it has raised its terror alert level from "run" to "hide." The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and "collaborate." The alert upgrade was precipitated by the recent fire which destroyed a French white flag factory, completely disabling their military forces.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is at least the third time this same joke has been posted.

And it keeps getting funnier and funnier!

Kind of like the Used French Rifles for sale. Never fired, only dropped once.

BTW, nice to see that between my last 2 trips to France, (got back @ a week ago) they have slightly modified the presentation of their contribution to WW2. The previous trip, 2 years ago, in the Invalides, they had Charles Degaulle basically winning the war (with a little Allied help). They have radically and thankfully toned that down now. However, the Arc D' Triumph now has a pictorial of how the French Resistance chased the Nazis out of and then re-took Paris.

This is not unlike the presentation of WW1, whereby the French were able to win that one as well, although they do note in their historical presentation that there was a US presence late in the war.

It looks to me as if from the French view today, that both my father - Bill Coe (WW2 - air force) and his father Bill Coe (WW1- Marines) and all their buddies could have stayed home and the French would have handled it. Wish they'd said so up front, my Grandfather could have avoided a lot of Rats and Cooties in the trenches of Belguim.boxing_smiley.gif

"In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved, and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields."

Who could have known. My suggestion is that NEXT time, we take this unique French attitude into account and do just that. Stay home. I'm still waiting for the reason we got involved in the first war, the "great war", it was, after all, "the war to end all wars".

_anyone?_anyone? Reason?

And in case anyone gives a Rats ass, let me further state that I (OK, it was really my wife, I couldn't readilly think of an adaquate name and was going to name the lad "Bill Coe") have broken the chain of "Bill Coes" (think Larry, Daryl and my other brother Daryl) and we did not foist that name on my son as we learned that they're were other names available. I'm the last for a while, and the first of my line not to have to kill Germans.