2005 New Year's Climbing Goals

texplorer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just added it up and I am on track for 25% climbing days in 2005. yay me *thump* *thump*.

did the partner tally too, and of the idiots who both post to this website and climbed with my sorry ass the biggest idiot of them all award goes to....

Tanstaafl!

congratulations to runner-ups jmace and dru. Thanks to all the other jerkies who held a rope for me too, cascadeclimber, specialed, alpinfox, Mer, NOLSe, Muffy, Badvoodoo, Geek, Wirlwind, Luwayo, anyone else I missed.

wave.gif Sorry I couldn't have been there to be another idiot on your list-o-idiots.

Not that it matters now cause this thread has turned into spray, but this what I got in mind.

Another trip to South Africa, hopefully get on some ice.

Killimanjaro, probably the Coke Cola route.

Mt. Kenya, 10 days on the mountain hopefully several routes.

A most likely untouched wall in Rusumo, Tanzania, next week.

Southern France for a week sporto shit.

And maybe finish up the year with Christmas in Morroco.

I thought I didn't have any goals I guess I did. Didn't get on ice in SA, Killi is going on 2006 goal, Mt. Kenya damn right good times were had, Tanzania wouldn't allows us to attempt climbing the wall it was restricted area the_finger.gif found some pebble pulling that day to make up for it, good times were had drinking cheap red wine and reaching up for a clip, finishing the year in Uganda instead Morrocco.

Its funny, moving to a different country I have had to develope a bunch of different goals other then climbs around the NW, Canada and Yosemite. I think that I have explored enough new places to figure out some new goals for next year. As well I knocked my onsite level up a couple grades which was the main goal this year. I find that my technical goals revolve around onsite climbing.

I agree my goals have changed a bit not much climbing around thiese parts so it is actually been more work oriented goals that I have now. It is definitely not going to help my onsite ability, oh well, hopefully the next country we live in has more climbing so that I can get back into it. My most recent goal is to get a woodie and campus board up in the backyard, so that when I do get around some rock I pull down.

Another unclimbed grade 5 in N. Cascades

Put up more 5.11 FA's at secret crag :chestbeat:

Free solo SEWS easy route

Climb Back of Beyond Buttress (non-Layton ascent)

Go back to Skaha (it's been 3 years)

Climb Davis-Holland (never done it in 18 years cry.gif)

This thread revival was about last years goals met and unmet. We need to start a new thread to deal with new goals for 2006, mainly so at the end of 2006 we won't get our unrealized goals from 2006 get confused with our previous ones. grin.gif

WRONG!!!! It's about NEW YEARS GOALS!! That means next year, Brainerd rolleyes.gif