2005 New Year's Climbing Goals

texplorer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather-o-meter has been stuck on suck this year.

This weekend is another good example. Beautiful during the week and the rain for the weekend . . even at Smith!

Come one quit yer bitchin! Had two great weekends at smith (you were there tex) and just got back from a week in Red Rocks.

Here's to 2005 (especially April). bigdrink.gif

Are you serioulsy going all those places this year? On 'vacation' and not business trips? If so, I'm F&^%ing jealous. Please share how you will accomplish this? thumbs_up.gifconfused.gif

1 goal down, ticket for other booked, 3rd possibly as layover. May go to SE Asia instead of NZ wave.gif

You were in Nepal recently, no? Did you say you were headed back? Mind if I ask you for advice?

I didn't end up going to Nepal. I had to change my plans 5 days before I flew out because of political problems there (in hindsight I should have still gone). I spent 3 months in SE Asia instead. Going to Nepal and Tibet next year.

The weather-o-meter has been stuck on suck this year.

This weekend is another good example. Beautiful during the week and the rain for the weekend . . even at Smith!

Are you kidding me? Its been the best weather and conditions this year for mountain climbing in the northwest since at least the 80's. Plus, many days at Index in January and February. rolleyes.gif

Not that it matters now cause this thread has turned into spray, but this what I got in mind.

Another trip to South Africa, hopefully get on some ice.

Killimanjaro, probably the Coke Cola route.

Mt. Kenya, 10 days on the mountain hopefully several routes.

A most likely untouched wall in Rusumo, Tanzania, next week.

Southern France for a week sporto shit.

And maybe finish up the year with Christmas in Morroco.

You guys are messing up a good thread with talk about climbing. Please desist.

quit w/your lawyer speak.

i have failed miserably so far in my previously stated 2005 goal to climb more days than not. so now my goal is to climb more days than i have so far. and spend a week in the enchantments and climb some other places too.

Finish off two adventure projects I have been working on for months in Oregon that are eating at me. Hopefully complete them within the next two weeks, so my mental state of mind can return to normal.

Liberty Ridge

Huantsan- Peru

Alpamayo-Ferrari route-Peru

NB Fury

NEB Slesse

These are the routes, in order that I would like to do this season. In addition, if time permits a traverse of the torment forbidden looks nice, as does Alberta via the Japanese Route.

All I really care about is having fun, and learning as much as possible. It seems that the adventurous routes seem to give me this more than trade routes. Hopefully my path will show me these opportunities for adventure in the future snugtop.gifwave.gif

Mt.Hood in a couple of weeks(already done once this year)

Mt Adams (S. Climb) in one day

Leading Adams trip overnight

Rainier in June

S. Sister

Middle Sister

Some North Cascades Climbs

Camp Muir next weekend with my snowboard

Mt.Hood in a couple of weeks(already done once this year)

Mt Adams (S. Climb) in one day

Leading Adams trip overnight

Rainier in June

S. Sister

Middle Sister

Some North Cascades Climbs

Camp Muir next weekend with my snowboard

I hear Cascades Volcano Syndrome will be listed in the new DSM-IV