Static Point

scot'teryx

David, I gotta say that Static is one of your greater gifts to the NW. Weren't you one of the originals to suss out the stunningly clean granite? Certainly your guide was what made me aware of the area. That's also the first time I recall anyone using a cordless drill around here, pre-bosch to boot. Inspired me to use a 9.6 volt Makita hammer drill. I was stunned to find just how little hole I got for a battery, but little did I know that the rock at the Skookumchuck Quarry was some bizarre granite (actually rated the hardest in the state for wear) rather than the sandstone I assumed it was. [laf]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

David, I heard rumor about this: was it you who pushed Mr S. off the edge?

[laf][laf][laf]

No, no, no, I am still around, reports of my demise are exaggerated.

I may have crossed the line once or twice, but haven't fallen off the edge yet.

Think I'll "head" over to my ledge right now and burn one for the "hut" [big Grin]

S

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Is Mrs. Smokeout going to have to return the insurance money?

You bring up a good point

Should Mrs. Smoker ever need to present evidence of my demise [laf]

Smoker is insured,

enough to meet her needs.

For me it is the right choice for those of us with family, that continue to climb.

Mr. "S" is dead??? Holy shit! Actually it was three guys from Everett.... Buckley, Johnson & Pickard who made the first ascent of the Point via the Curious Cube route, truly a pretty bold stroke back in those days. About a week later Don Brooks and I appeared and we never saw or heard of the Everett guys again except for a letter Don got from them detailing the Cube route.

We had this little teeny Black&Decker cordless that would sometimes drill up to two, 1/4 holes on one battery pack. It was light enough to carry on the lead so we'd drill by hand if there was some kind of stance and hope the drill would work if there wasnt.