poll

layton

Do I?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Do I?

You treat women as equals. Well they're not equals. They are different. They want you to act like men. Act like men and treat them like women. Express some sincere interest in them as women. Is is really that hard? confused.gif

hellno3d.gif Do not take this approach in Portland.

I've only been married for 3.8 years now. Unless something in Portland has dramatically changed, this approach worked just fine for me in the past. In spite of how women may act outwardly, deep down inside most women want the romance, passion and chivalry that characterized relationships of the past. They crave confident men who aren't afraid to open doors, make decisions and be romantic. This isn't a proclamation that women are inferior, just a recognition that men and women are different. Viva le difference!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael, you got to think of ways to approach women so they aren't faced with a yes or no answer. Make it so that "no" isn't a possibility. Say you meet a woman you like in the gym. You might just compliment her on a nice move or something and smile at her. Then you might ask her what nights she usually climbs. More than likely she'll tell you. Boom, those become YOUR climbing nights, etc. If it works out right, soon you are climbing together. Then, after a gym session, "hey, let's go across the street. I'll buy you a beer". Don't say, "wanna go out with me?"

Soounds like you're romantisizing a past relationship into something it never was?

Remove yourself emotionally for a moment and think about what happened..

You spent 4? years with this person, lived with this person, and when it ended you seemed pretty content with that decision.

Time goes by and for whatever reasons you begin to forget the REALITY of the realtionship and remember it how you want to, you put your ex and you relationship with that ex on a pedistal where it never really belonged.

If you had deal with REALITY again would you end up feeling any different then last time?

I got to find out the hard way that the answer is HELL NO! hellno3d.gif

Of course results might vary... smileysex5.gif

Very true . . .

Edited by jordop

Michael, you got to think of ways to approach women so they aren't faced with a yes or no answer. Make it so that "no" isn't a possibility. Say you meet a woman you like in the gym. You might just compliment her on a nice move or something and smile at her. Then you might ask her what nights she usually climbs. More than likely she'll tell you. Boom, those become YOUR climbing nights, etc. If it works out right, soon you are climbing together. Then, after a gym session, "hey, let's go across the street. I'll buy you a beer". Don't say, "wanna go out with me?"

Hint: This approach is creepy.

You treat women as equals. Well they're not equals. They are different. They want you to act like men. Act like men and treat them like women. Express some sincere interest in them as women. Is is really that hard? confused.gif

hellno3d.gif Do not take this approach in Portland.

I've only been married for 3.8 years now. Unless something in Portland has dramatically changed, this approach worked just fine for me in the past. In spite of how women may act outwardly, deep down inside most women want the romance, passion and chivalry that characterized relationships of the past. They crave confident men who aren't afraid to open doors, make decisions and be romantic. This isn't a proclamation that women are inferior, just a recognition that men and women are different. Viva le difference!

Mike--you should listen to Rob. He knows what he's talking about. Just because you "treat a woman like a woman" does not mean you treat her as a subordinate or as anything less than you.

Mike--you should listen to Rob. He knows what he's talking about. Just because you "treat a woman like a woman" does not mean you treat her as a subordinate or as anything less than you.

There are regional differences of opinion on that issue. Women in the PNW want/are more comfortable with independance than in other regions. In my experience.

Hah, if I recall Mike, you brought up this question around the fire at the first Smiffy Tuffest last year. Weren't your issues about physical distance and different hobbies, rather than some more fundamental disconnect?

You're finally getting a little good advice here, but I agree with Fern, don't take the Catbird path. That's fine if you just want to be a buddy, but creepy if you have other motives.

Whats all this "love of my life" bullshit? You're still alive aren't you? It's not like if you blow it with one woman that's all you're gonna get. (well for some maybe) but man get over it already. This time last year? Everyone loses people they love whether its through our own dumb mistakes/misunderstandings or something else, girlfriends/wives/family/pets whatever, that's just the way it goes. The nice thing about women though is that there's lots of them out there, and the vast majority of them are extremely horny.