best booty score

Kevin_Matlock

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a nice Helly Hansen jacket that fit me in the rockies several years back. After wearing it for several years, I had accumulated pins on the lapel from every major town and city in the NWT. I was very proud of that collection. It was stolen off the back of my chair in a pub in Coquitlam about 6 years ago. madgo_ron.gif

ken4ord,

Any chance you found the #2 camalot that I dropped on High E 10 years ago? That was the first climb that I seconded and I could have sworn the biner had clipped to the shoulder sling I was wearing. As a college student at the time it was a very expensive "oops." I wish the lawyers had been around when I was there so I could have made the booty sweep.

Ken

•A biner with a bunch of heads on it below Town Crier/Green Drag-on while rooting around for a place to stash water.

•#3.5 Friend on the first pitch of Dark Crystal at Index

•A #? (3.5 inch) DMM cam on West Buttress of Blueberry Hill

•An original Leatherman in it's case on the trail into Gothic Basin

•An entire 3 point top rope anchor (5 biners, slings, two wired nuts and a yellow Lowe tricam) buried in the snow at a deserted Devils Lake, Wisconsin one snowy fall day.

•A fat, greasy roach in the summit register of Guyes Peak a long time ago.

Did anybody happen to find a blue(?) bivy sack in a red stuff sack below the slab routes at Index about 10 years ago? A cousin of the previous booty was the reason for the loss of that one.

-a while ago in co. some buddies were on the hunt for a place where their band could practice. they couldn't figure out why the tail end of the building they were checkin' out "smelled so good" as the old folks calmly showed them around. they rented the place and after awhile figured a way to get at some of the goods from the adjacent 'evident holding facility' or whatever. the real score happens cause they weren't tokers, but were cool with it thumbs_up.gif

-swindled some euro dude at the very beginning of one of those notorious 22 hour train rides in thailand bunk space for a seat from my very first go at some cheesy ass attempt of 3 card monte. he was obviously super pissed at himself after like hour two but what could i do i was yellowsleep.gif whole ride.

-brand new alien from the first part of roger's corner -fuck yeah! finally got one of those little trinkets bigdrink.gif

three ice screws on N. ridge of baker w/ biners and some sweet patagucci belay pants on the same trip!

Tyree,

Just out of curiosity, did you find those screws during early July 2004?

If so, was it: three BD screws, two of them Express; BD neutrino biners; spectra runners and some green perlon cord?

wave.gif

Edited by Stephen_Ramsey

first trip to Yosemite I ended up with a rope, 2 cams, jacket, book, biner, rivet hanger. Second trip I left behind 2 cams, long sling and some biners, 3rd trip I gained 4 biners, 2 slings, 2 nuts.

One spring day in Squamish with Ken4d I found 3 slings w/ 4 biners, 2 quickdraws, and a swiss army knife.

found a whole equalized anchor setup with 2 nuts and a #0 tech friend, biners and techcord at the base of Snow Creek Wall. Strangely found exactly the same size of cam on Castle Rock a different day.

I was very excited to find a BD nut tool this year to replace the one I dropped off Mt. Gimli. NOw I need to find a purple jr cramalot to replace the one I dropped off Springbok rolleyes.gif

My bestest was apack with $800 worth of gear on Slesse. second bestest was four stuck ropes over the course of a week at RRocks. laugh.gif

And don't forget, Dru, that a few pitches earlier, I found that barely stuck green Alien on easy fourth class ground. I wonder if it was the same party. My wife is still using that nice blue Patagucci jacket from that score. You still using the NF down jacket?

I have been called the Booty Master. My booty from over my 4 years of climbing:

CAMS

hahaha.gif#4 Camalot w/ helium biner on it(El cap base)

hahaha.gif#.5 Camalot (base of Moonlight Buttress)

hahaha.gifClear Alien w/ biner (perfectly placed on the Nose)

hahaha.gif2 Rock Empire cams w/biners (right next to bolt anchor on the Nose)

hahaha.gifgreen/yellow alien (on route of the Prow)

hahaha.gifred lowe ball (base of the prow)

hahaha.gifyellow alien (El cap base)

hahaha.gif#1 metolius 4-cam (base of random climb)

hahaha.gif#3 metolius 3-cam (base of prodigal sun)

hahaha.gif#5 metolius 4-cam (while soloing monkey face)

hahaha.gifpurple DMM 4cam (at belay on super slab)

hahaha.gif#3 rigid friend (2nd to last pitch on Mescalito)

OTHER

hellno3d.gifMetolius Rope bag (base of el cap)

hellno3d.gifOld purple petzl wall-hauler (base of el cap)

hellno3d.gifpink tricam (while soloing super slab)

hellno3d.gifBolt w/ hanger (on route monkey face)

hellno3d.gifBousson Seat (base of Mescalito)

hellno3d.gif4 various hooks

hellno3d.gifAbout >40 various nuts of different sizes

hellno3d.gifOver 100 booty biners (lots of BD ovals)

hellno3d.gifYates adjustable daisy (base of El Cap)

hellno3d.gifNew Charlet Moser Screamer (base of El Cap)

I think I pretty much break even on gear, lose some/ find some every year. Okay, maybe a slight net loss, but it's probably leading up to a bigger score. Like a big bag of money tossed out of a plane in the Cascades somewhere. bigdrink.gif

Do grow-ops count as booty? grin.gif

We scored a 60m rope a couple of weeks ago at the end of the 3rd class ramp on the top of Epinephrine - it was a tangled mess but only took us a couple of minutes to sort out and pack up so we figured the last party that did the route must have been caught up there at night tired and scared and so just abandoned it.

Over the years I've scored ropes, cams, harnesses, full ounces of smoke, knives, and very cute girls hung up in overhung rappels by their hair. Of course all this was balanced out by me dropping, leaving, or forgetting ropes, cams, harnesses, full ounces of smoke, knives, and the odd girl friend along the way.

Used to fund extended stay trips in J-Tree (pre-National Park gestap days) by hanging outon rest days in our campsite with a view of "The Eye" on the Cyclops formation. Being rated an unexplicable 5.0, it was a haven for prana clad LA gym rats for their first outdoor lead. Soon enough, the mental difficulties of trusting gear in grainy rock while pulling overhanging 5.0 moves would win out and they would lower off (usually multiple pieces for safety). Sometimes they wouldn't even back clean the rest. Serious booty, although almost got in a fight with some aggro guy who knew why we were queing up behind them. Guess he needed to feel manly after the shameful retreat in front of his girlfriend.

Second best climbing booty score...Bobbi Bensman (unfortunately pre-implant days).

My best was a Northface Mountain Light parka, but 10 or 12 years ago, I did a climb in the Canadian Rockies with a guy who described seeing a VE 25—poles and all— flying across the sky one day. He chased it over several ridges, turned it in to the National Parks office where they held it for a month before returning it to him. Returning from our climb he found a Nikon SLR in a case sitting on the morraine. I was in front, and had stepped right over it without noticing.

Edited by markharf