best booty score

Kevin_Matlock

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened during college at a party. I got really drunk and... blush.gif

My most satisfying climbing gear recovery was a blown out cam deep in the handcrack on OuterSpace. If I ever get the trigger wires replaced the cam will be servicable, but it was quite an accomplishment to fish it out of the crack. It was at least 24" deep and I had to dangle two nuttools on long strings and somehow hooked it and pulled it out after inverting it.

I've gotten a few pieces of gear deep in cracks with the fishing method. thumbs_up.gif

It happened during college at a party. I got really drunk and...

blush.gif

You fool you don't put the Rohypnol in your own drink! blush.gif

My bestest was apack with $800 worth of gear on Slesse. second bestest was four stuck ropes over the course of a week at RRocks. laugh.gif

Hmm there has been several good finds.

Down in the Gunks after a long weekend and all the NYC lawyer went home the next day was the ultimate in booty days. One route I found 2 cams and 2 nuts everything with draws on it, also looked like it was the first time any of the stuff was used.

I found two cam a 2 and 1 camelots and a hex that somebody used to rap off the top of Solar Slab.

I found two cam and a nut on Prusik same story.

My best find didn't have to do with quality or quantity. I was on Canon and my .75 camelot (one from the gunks) popped off my harness, within 50 feet I found the same sized rigid friend.

I heard the story later on from some dudes in Squamish who watched the pack fall. Apparently an Oregon based party put the pack down on a ledge on top of the rope. Didn't clip it in. Went to pulla bight of rope and knocked pack off. watched it tumble out of sight and assumed it was gone for good.

While climbing Mox Peaks last summer we scored:

A) nut tool on Easy Mox

B) gaitors, mitt gloves, and knit gloves on Hard Mox

Funny story:

While leading a pitch on the NE Buttress of Goode I dropped a carabiner but heard no clinking noise. I couldn't find it on a ledge at my feet or anything. Bewildered, I took a step and soon discovered it had fallen into the top of a gaitor. What a catch!

While leading a pitch on the NE Buttress of Goode I dropped a carabiner but heard no clinking noise. I couldn't find it on a ledge at my feet or anything. Bewildered, I took a step and soon discovered it had fallen into the top of a gaitor. What a catch!

So THAT'S why the mounties wear gaitors while rock climbing! It all makes sense now.

So THAT'S why the mounties wear gaitors while rock climbing! It all makes sense now.
As mattp would say: "Indeed."

However, when Kirk Alm and I did that climb (July 5, 2001) there were freshiez on the route in places. The gaitors were helpful at times. So there. moon.gif

Used Mountain Hardwear chapstick found hiking to Camp Muir in 5 hour car-Muir-car speed ascent.

Evidence please?

You know I saw that one coming...

Proves nothing! hahaha.gif Any other officials there to verify?

Yes, of course I do everything according to the speedclimbing rule book. There was this guy:

IMG_2198marmot.jpg

And the guy in this photo holding the official timing device:

zCampMuir.jpg