the hate, rage, and total utter despair thread

layton

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

VOLTRON beat the shit out of the Transformers and the Go-Bots.

He Man and the Thundercats were INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY GAY.

I am mad due to

1.)tons of finals and schoolwork

2.)the girl I'm in love with is dating someone else

3.)alpine climbs rarely work out due to cruel forces at work.

4.)got yet another rejection asking a girl out

5.)I am almost broke

6.)my truck is dying

7.)I lost yet another water bottle

yeah yeah, I know...suck it up. But as Anon Checkov wrote,

"Any idiot can face a crisis...it's this day to day living that wears me out"

Fuck if that's not true. Takes a lot not to hang yourself in the shower at the end of a day.

Shocking Layton news from Google!

The Job Market Improves for Class '04

By: Dana Warsop

Brandi Carpenter, senior said, she has been waiting for the moment to experience walking across stage to receive her Bachelor's degree.

“I have only dreamed of that moment,” Carpenter said. “It is finally here and I am excited about graduation.”

Carpenter started her graduation checklist, which included applying for graduation and consideration of a school ring. However, the number one item on her checklist was finding a job, Carpenter said.

Carpenter began her preparation for finding a job by fine tuning her resume, cover letter and interview skills .

The computer information systems major also started researching potential job opportunities in her field of study. During her research, what concerned Carpenter has the job market improved for this year's graduating class versus last year's class?

According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, this year's graduating class will have more opportunities because the job market has improved.

The organization said employers predict that they will hire 12.7 percent more college graduates from the class of 2003-04 than they did from the class of 2002-03.

Although, according to the organization, early projections indicated the job market for this year's graduates would be better. They will have to hustle for a job when they graduate.

That equates to high competition, Carpenter said. In preparing for her job search she has started to take steps to set herself apart from the other graduates.

“I have started doing my research on potential job opportunities in my field of study,” Carpenter said. “I am going to attend every career fair that I can attend and I am currently talking to my advisor about possible internships that will lead to a full-time job.”

Carpenter said she hopes to avoid making the same mistakes some seniors have made by procrastinating to start their job search.

Steve Ricker, account manager for the recruiting firm Aerotek agreed. The biggest mistake, “Some are still in the college mode,” Ricker said. “So a lot wait and wait, and they wait too long.”

Michael Layton, senior, English major, said he knows all to well about waiting too long.

“I am just starting to job hunt,” Layton said. “I feel behind because it seems like others have already started preparing resumes and have gotten interviews for potential jobs.”

Some psycho babble from M. Scott Peck author of the “Road Less Traveled”:

“Life is difficult.

This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult – once we truly understand and accept it – then life is no longer difficult.”

Some psycho babble from M. Scott Peck author of the “Road Less Traveled”:

“Life is difficult.

This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult – once we truly understand and accept it – then life is no longer difficult.”

Or....

"Living is hard & requires sustained effort. But if it were easy to accept that life was hard, life would be easy, and it's not."

-John Long