Beyond Fleece Cold Fusion Jacket

Luna

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my jacket's design and warmth. One caveat - the measurements I provided them allowed for an extra 2 inches of length to accomodate reaching while ice climbing. The jacket actually came shorter than I asked and barely hits my waist. Fairly worthless for ice but still okay for other purposes.

my jacket showed up longer than I wanted it...but had no problems sending it back to Beyond and they quickly made all the fit tweaks I requested and got it back to me.

Just finally used it while skiing this weekend, I was very impressed with the fabric. Made me a believer that softshell jackets aren't a gimmick. Skinning up, skiing down, stopping for lunch, all day long I had on the jacket and a polypro t-shirt and I was comfy.

I've had the jacket for about a year now. Great for temps found on Mt Hood in spring thumbs_up.gif

Although it is breathable, I love the pit zip feature for max venting (great when wearing a backpack)

Chest pockets are also a must and perfect for powerbars, gloves, etc.

For the price it was hard to beat.

Plus, it's different than the mountain hardwear and north face jackets that all the city people wear tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Fabric-

quite nice in terms of warmth and windproofness. Pretty water-resistant, but once wet, gets heavy and takes a long time to dry out. Similar to Powershield I think. I'm using it for daytrips skiing but not for overnite trips when weight a bigger issue.

Fit-

I had to return my first jacket for more room in the shoulders and tighter in the waist. But great customer service- a pleasure to work with a responsive small company.

tom