North side info

sketchfest

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we got a really late start and we had only intended to screw around on C-Spur for conditioning. We turned around just below tie-in rock. Didn't see to many other folks until late in the afternoon, but the one that got my attention was a guy and his two dogs coming up the Elliot. It looked like the dogs were tied to him and they were making pretty good time, but I never saw them come back down.

We ran into him (Bob I think was his name) on his way back down (about 2ish) and he actually went back up to watch us climb some ice... with some pestering we got him to take a run on TR... it was his first time on WI and he was stoked!

FYI for those looking for genuine WI and don’t have the time to drive to BC... the bands are still in and nice. Illini can post some pics later today… And of course there was some nice freshiez to be had on Sat.

Sketch: were you one of the two on the ridge? I think we saw you headed down…

Prolly, we were the only ones heading towards the spur from what we saw. We waved at dog-man around 11:30, he waved back and disappeared from site. I kept looking back to see where he would show again, but never did. It was a pretty nice day overall, when we got back down to the truck there was about 6-7 kids loading up who had been playing around on the lower Elliot, didn't look like they had much in the way of gear, but they were mostly loaded up by the time we got back. They sounded pretty stoked to have been out on the big hill.

I think I still have remnant lactic acid in my forearms from yesterday cantfocus.gif.

Maybe if you were not allergic to plastic you could train to handle that lactic acid build up a little better.

Anyway, here are some images that were taken on Saturday December 4, 2004. After heading up to check out the cliff bands on the edge of the Eliot Glacer we found several fat flows. Makes a nice outing for PDXers.

5369Cliff_band_distance-med.jpg

53692_flows-med.jpg

5369Fat_flow_close-med.jpg

Went up yesterday expecting total whiteout nastiness, but it never happened. In fact it was a pretty nice day, with a little wind and high overcast skies. The road to cloud cap is in very good shape right now, 4-wheel drive is nice, but high clearance is not needed.

Read the whole thread.