MP3 Player recommendations?

DPS

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-River has been great for me over the past two year. Before I got an armband, I would run with it on a neck lanyard with it tucked under my shirt. I can only imagine the foul horrors of moisture ad foulness that it experienced ther, but it's still working great.

The sound is very good for such a small unit but the headphones that com with the unit suck. Most smaller platyers lack the power (amplifier) to get loud. The I-River players do not suffer from this.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/Produ...ategory_id=5906

Ok as far as the players goes iPod holds the market pretty firm. The iPod mini is really nice. But these are spendy and still a little on the big side for simple stuff like running.

I have an iRock! It is the smallest by far and cheapest. You forget it is even there. I use it for Mountaineering and BC skiing. Very happy with it. check it out.

For $50 you can buy a refurb'd Rio S30. It takes SD Cards, which many digi cameras take as well. For $75 you can buy a 1GB SD card = $125 for 1GB of music. You can get 512MB and 256MB SD cards even cheaper. Best deal on an MP3 player I've found, and if you break it you won't cry.

another reason why I would plug the ipod is that you can back up your entire computer on it.

my comp crashed a few weeks ago but I was able to back up my entire hard drive on it, can't do that with the other little players.

the reason it skips when you run (which shouldn't happen until after 15mins of running) is that it is a hard drive. A little mini computer....don't want to be too tough on it

the reason it skips when you run (which shouldn't happen until after 15mins of running) is that it is a hard drive. A little mini computer....don't want to be too tough on it

That's the advantage of a flash player - no skips, no $$$ player, almost disposable. Doesn't mean I'm not planning to get an iPod, I just know I don't want to take it everywhere (skinning in the morning, bike to work, running, etc.)

I got a 1 Gb Sandisk MP3 player for $129. Does its job well though not many features, no FM, and eats French accents (all accents for that matter).

drC

I need to correct that. The player has a boatload of features, including FM radio with presets, equalizer, options galore etc. They're just hidden between magic 2-seconds press of the few buttons on the player. RTFM.

It still eats accents (and the letter following) though frown.gif Boo, especially in 2004.

Player is ridiculously small and lightweight, runs 15 hours on a basic alkaline AAA.

drC