Pennicle peak ski?

Blakej

Was thinking of skinning up and climbing pennicle as my first BC AT trip. Will be going with experienced people but does anyone have first hand knowledge of the difficulty of this ski I'm a comfortably an intermediate skier but I'd hate to get in too much and end up being miserable trying to slowly work my way down the who damn thing. Also anyone know what the snow is looking like lower on the approach. Be nice to avoid too much walking.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

are you talking about pinnacle peak in the tatoosh ??

if so, the run down from the castle-pinnacle saddle is quite easy. from the bottom of the run, there are a couple ways to get back down to reflection lakes, some harder than others. the easiest i found drops into an east bowl. hope this helps.

You should be able to ski the whole way now; the road is closed, and there's either the direct way up to the road from Narada Falls along the edge, or up through the trees...or along side the road to the intersection.

Lot's of snow coming tonight and this weekend=avi danger, potentially in a number of places enroute to the saddle.

If youre an intermed. skier, you should have fun skiing down from the saddle when conditions are reasonable (not too much snow, or too icy).

Have fun!

Blake,

I'm new to AT and am finding that I feel like a strong beginner in the backcountry. In resorts I am a pretty strong intermediate skier. The powder and snow inconsistency, and the softness of my boots, is taking some time to get used to. Have fun and keep at it. It looked really cool over that way from the Muir Snowfield yesterday. Pinnacle is definately on my list of places to ski this spring.