All season Tires

David_Parker

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that one of the best all around tires is the Michelin LTX M/S. Great traction on all kinds of snow (new, compact, etc) due to reasonably deep tread (deep snow/mud) and the sipes cut into the tread surface (compact snow/ice/wet roads), and they handle wet conditions, mud, etc, very well also. They should also last 80-100K with proper care, which is awfully good for a tire with an aggressive tread pattern. The only downside is that they'll run you close to $800 for a set if you are getting 31x10.50's or anything close to that size, which is more or less standard for Tacos and 4 Runners.

I think that one of the best all around tires is the Michelin LTX M/S.

Another vote for the Michelin LTX M/S. They're great on the highway, and do alright on typical muddy/snow covered logging and forestry roads in BC.

I've got close to 100k km (5+ years) with them on my Pathfinder, and expect that they should last through to next fall. thumbs_up.gif

I would check the durability via other people's reviews on one of the tire review sites on the Yoko's before shelling out the cash. I would stay away from the KO's as they don't last as long, and from what I recall, lack the full depth siping that gives the other tires their improved grip on wet/icy roads.

I think that one of the best all around tires is the Michelin LTX M/S.

Another vote for the Michelin LTX M/S. They're great on the highway, and do alright on typical muddy/snow covered logging and forestry roads in BC.

I've got close to 100k km (5+ years) with them on my Pathfinder, and expect that they should last through to next fall. thumbs_up.gif

i came close to buying the Michelins, but my tire guy convinced me the Bridgestones were a bit tougher for the backcountry. for a pretty heavily-lugged tire, they are suprisingly quiet on pavement, and they've got excellent wet-weather grip (special compound), which is very important around here. i can't comment on the ride, cuz even my 'new' (11 year old) land cruiser is kinda harsh anyway. i think either is a great choice.

the one thing you DON'T want to do is to "buy cheap". i made that mistake once on my 'old' land crusher and lost a week of backcountry mountaineering when i had 2 punctures on a single trip out into the Chilcotin backcountry. plus they were shit to drive on even at the best of times - noiser, poor traction in the rain, not long lasting.

and, yes, i've punctured them all!

cheers,