Hello? Where the hell is the 11worth TR?

Cletus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun to put names to faces. I got to the CC.com camp fire in time to meet everyone before they split to climb XY cracks. The whole crew was pretty far gone by the time I got there.

I did get to follow SK up R&D and got ragged on by my wife and sister for letting her and Greg W jump ahead of us.

quote:

Originally posted by Gordonb:

I did get to follow SK up R&D and got ragged on by my wife and sister for letting her and Greg W jump ahead of us.

[laf][laf][laf] Thanks much, Gordon; I hope we didn't slow you up too much. That was better than trying to pass on-route; I tried to yard on SK as much as possible to keep her moving [Wink] .

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Natural:

I think I am the only person to have ever gotten off route on Givlers.
[big Grin]
Thanks to Greg for eventaully muttering something like "yeah, most people traverse into the crak at the lower bush" its not even my first time on it.

[big Drink]

I thought I was going to witness the first A0 moves on Givler's [laf] . Good hanging with you guys.

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Gordonb:

[laf][laf][laf]

Thanks much, Gordon; I hope we didn't slow you up too much. That was better than trying to pass on-route; I tried to yard on SK as much as possible to keep her moving
[Wink]

Greg W

[Razz] I climbed that 5.4 all on my own thank you verry much [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

quote:

Originally posted by AA:

smith in november, do i have a hostess for the weekend?
[Cool]

Yeppers... although we may need to ummmmm make a sing up sheet for all the willing ropeguns

[Wink][Wink][Wink]
What dates? Never been to Smith; might have to make the trip. Just can't get enough of that SK stuff!! [Wink]

Greg W

To bad Fred Rogers and I didn't run into you guys this weekend, although thanks to Erik for drawing in the window window dirt. [big Grin] After not having been cragging in months I forgot how fun and relaxing Leavenworth can be. Saturday morning after a false start, Fred forgot the topo in his car, he headed of the Leavenworth and made the hike up to the Pearly Gates. Its amazing the amout of good stuff up at that crag. Thanks to the folks who equipted the area. Its really user friendly. Sunday morning made the hike up to 8 mile buttress. Warmed up on Radio Sex in the wind and rain. Then climbed Scholar with a Dollar and Lazy Boy in light rain, thank god they overhang a bit. I'd have to say both Scholar with a Dollar and Lazy Boy offer some of the best climbing in Leavenworth for the grade. Also I must say thanks to Fred for being my belay bitch Sunday morning. Then did the new route on Icicle Buttress left of Love Donut. I must say the people who put this up found a hidden gem. the route is super fun. One word of caution, when rapping from the top of the 3rd pitch with a 60m rope, it will not make it all the way down to the chains on the top of the second pitch. You must rap into the obvious gulley and either belay from single bolt or scramble over to the 2nd pitch chains. Also, with a 60m rope you can run pitch 1 and 2 together to make a fun 180 ft. pitch.

SKANKY? [laf] STYLIST? [laf][laf] Is that the best you can do Daisy? I have better things to do than play along with you're little elementary squabble... I am neither 'skanky' nor do I have/need/want a stylist... high-maintenance is not something I want to aspire to be.... [Moon]